Can't fix the homescreen bug HELP (WM2002)

Guest steveuk99

Guest steveuk99

I've tried installed a couple of themes onto my MPx200, but I get the homescreen bug when I restart my phone. I've tried following the guide on how to fix it, but I don't appear to have the registry value that you have to change. The closest one I have is HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/CLSID {2F930BF0-6FE9-4a53-.......(sorry I don't know how to find the complete name using PHM registry editor)}. The value data that is shown for InprocServer32 is IPSM WindowsjMMSplug.dll. I've tried changing the value to tpcutil.dll, however whenever I restart my phone it resets itself to jMMSplug.dll.

Guest awarner [MVP]

To make things easy for you try downloading the fix from Will's site www.customcabbage.co.uk there you can create a cab file

to do the hard work for you :)

Guest CjBiFiDuS
To make things easy for you try downloading the fix from Will's site www.customcabbage.co.uk there you can create a cab file

Wow! fantastic web :shock:

TY.

Guest steveuk99

I think i've tried that before but to no avail. I'll give it another go though.

I've noticed that in the registry setting that is directly below the one mentioned in my above post {2FFD93B3-0FF0-4228-......}, the value for InprocServer32 is set to tpcutil.dll. Is this right or have I tried to change the wrong one by accident?

On a side note do you know what the speed boost registry tweek does, found on the site you mentioned?

Guest awarner [MVP]

Speed boost is designed more for the SPV and E100 it does not

make a great deal of difference on the mpx200.

As for the registry, as long as you are careful and remember exactly what changes you make you could always try altering the setting you have found.

If you have problems change the setting back.

In extreme cases it can be possible to cause a partial reset if you corrupt the registry.

Guest steveuk99

As I suspected this didn't work again, however I had a quick look at the xml in the CAB I downloaded and it appears as if it should work:

-

I don't know much about xml files but to me it appears that it is trying to change the correct entry to the correct value, but when I restart my phone it resets itself to jMMSplug.dll

I haven't tried altering the value of {2FFD93B3-0FF0-4228-....} yet so it is still set to tpcutil.dll. Can someone tell me what value they have for this key so I can try altering mine.