Sagem MyS-7 listed on Orange France website....

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

The Sagem MyS-7 is now available on Orange France's website (thanks to Mobinaute for the heads up.

Mobinaute writes (translation by me, apologies for any inaccuracies):

Technically, the MyS-7 is a GSM/GPRS Class 10 Triband smartphone embarking with a 200MHz Intel Xscale given processor running at 200 MHz associated,  internal storage of 32 MB, a 2.2 inch LCD screen displaying 65.000 colours and a VGA camera. In terms of connectivity, the MyS-7 has an infra-red port, a USB port and a SD/MMC slot, but no BlueTooth.

Software wise, the MyS-7 has the usual SPV features such as with integrated Caller-ID, WMV, 3GP, ASF and ASX  video support and MP3, MIDD WAV and WMA audio support. The Sagem also offers a J2ME (Java 2 Micro Edition) runtime, opening the enormous market of the downloadable games.

The MyS-7 runs Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition.

Apart from the phone and charger, you can find a manual, a USB cable, a cradle and a CD including ActiveSync and Outlook 2002. Sagem does not include an additional SD card.

From Orange France, the prices of MyS-7 are as follows:

- 69,00 euros inc on a 300 minutes + contract

- 89,00 euros inc on a 90 or 180 minutes contract 

- 199,00 euros inc on all other contracts

- 199,00 euros inc on PCM

The phone can be purchased for 468.31 euros SIM free.

So, what to choose between the SPV C500 and the Sagem MyS-7, both available from Orange France?

So, it's out in France... but nothing from Orange UK yet... France is of course Sagem's home market, so release there first may be to be expected, but Orange.... are we going to see it in the UK?

P

SagemmyS-700_g.jpg

Guest kyrkesmith

Maybe tomorrow here? Suppose it's not a bank holiday in France today.

Still, I wish MPx220 would hurry up and make an appearance. Otherwise I might have to buy an iPaq rx3715 first.

Guest awarner [MVP]

Another phone I want to play with :P

now to chat with the ol bank manager :)

Shame about the lack of bluetooth, need this for GPS :'(

Guest agent.m

why you say that?? so you mean it may be on another network out of france? There are a lot of Sagem phones in uk so would be surprised if it didnt come over here.

Guest pierre
why you say that?? so you mean it may be on another network out of france? There are a lot of Sagem phones in uk so would be surprised if it didnt come over here.

Really? I didn't know that. It's just that here in Switzerland Orange has never proposed another smartphone than their SPVs. Yet why not, that could be a different matter in UK. Competition must be more fierce there.

Hope you'll get that one, as well as the C600 and others...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.