Can you use 2 BT items at once?

Guest phil-t

Guest phil-t

I will be getting TOMTOM smartphone when its out (been using TOMTOM Nav3 for a while on the PDA), and am looking at the whole connectivity..

and wanted to know if you could use the bluetooth GPS and a bluetooth device with the Handsfree profile to hear the directions at the same time.. searching on the web reveals the odd phone can do this type of thing.. but most can't..

Are there any other solutions that are 'portable' and allow me to still listen to the radio whilst still able to hear directions??

Guest Paul [MVP]

I can use my BT headset (Plantronics M2500) and BT GPS (Belkin) at the same time, no problem.

Don't think the directions come thru the headset tho?

P

Guest inspectorgadjet

I am using a SonyEricsson HBH-600 with both my Motorola A925 and C500. I also use the SonyEricsson HCB-30 car kit with both of them and they both work just fine.

I can also use my laptop as a bluetooth headset for the c500, but that just annoys me a whole lot. :)

The only problem with using two phones with one headset is that if they're in handsfree mode, they don't disconnect the headset when the call is done. You have to force them to disconnect in order to allow it to accept calls on both phones.

Guest rickwookie

phil-t

I was also very interested in this as I use the TomTom traffic function on my PDA and use the bluetooth connection to my phone for the GPRS traffic data.

Of course when I'm driving I also want to use my bluetooth headset. My previous phones (Nokia 6310i and 6600) don't allow this as they only have one bluetooth 'channel' (also tried it on a Sony Ericsson T610 with the same problem), but so far it seems that it is working with my C500!

The GPRS connection does seem to cut when I make or receive a call (as I expected, the C500 is a Class B GPRS device, see: http://www.gsmworld.com/technology/gprs/class.shtml) but the bluetooth connection remains, so as long as the call doesn't occur during a traffice data update, TomTom doesn't complain.

That's a big improvement over the Nokia which would just report that the bluetooth device is already in use if I tried to connect the headset while it was connected to the PDA as a GPRS modem.

I have to say though that I do seem to randomly lose the headset connection from time to time.

Guest ajb3000

When I had my phone connected to my PC and Headset at the same time, they both worked, however the call quality started crackling when transfering files to the phone, which stopped as soon as the transfer was done. I presume this was a BT issue but may have just been the phone using all its resources to store the file on the SD card or something.

Guest londonlad
I am using a SonyEricsson HBH-600 with both my Motorola A925 and C500. I also use the SonyEricsson HCB-30 car kit with both of them and they both work just fine.

I can also use my laptop as a bluetooth headset for the c500, but that just annoys me a whole lot.  :)

The only problem with using two phones with one headset is that if they're in handsfree mode, they don't disconnect the headset when the call is done. You have to force them to disconnect in order to allow it to accept calls on both phones.

oh i see, but your headset is ready to take a call from any phone at the same time?