Poor Orange GPRS connection

Guest Pagemakers

Guest intastella

Is there a difference between voice reception and data reception? I've had no problems with the voice reception at all (I'm in Central London) but establishing GPRS connections after the phone's been on for a while is continually problematic.

As the voice reception is fine and it gets fixed when you take the battery out and re-boot, I don't think it's a reception issue. Just my assumption.

Guest Pagemakers

I, like many of my mates have had E200's before our C500's and ALL of us have noticed and commented on the difference in the signal strength. The GPRS issues however are the same, although I am pleased to say my GPRS has been connecting first time every time for the past few months now.

Guest cheekymonkey

I've used xda I, xda II, mpx200 and now C500 all on Orange in the Manchester / Wigan / Bolton areas and GPRS has been flaky with them all to be honest. The devices may be up to it but sadly the network is not.

Gawd help us all when 3G - or whatever it is then - is standard amongst the general non-techy public.

The C500 does seem to be behaving now though... a load better than the mpx200 which after a year or so seemed to know that it was about to join a big old pile of ex-phones and acted up accordingly. Spare a thought though for a sad old mpx200 stuck with a load of nokias. Bless.