Orange: No Sagem MyS-7 in the UK

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

It's official i'm afraid, Orange have confirmed that the Sagem MyS-7 will NOT be available to Orange UK customers.

An Orange statement released exclusively to MoDaCo this afternoon states that there are currently no plans to launch the MyS-7, although the MyX-7 and the MyX-2 are available (these are not Microsoft Smartphones).

On a side note, I understand the MyX5-2 will be launched later this year, but again, this is not a Microsoft Smartphone.

Reading between the lines, it seems Orange are focusing on the C500, rather than also launching the technically inferior MyS-7 at what would likely be a higher price point (based on the prices set by Orange France).

It's a shame, as the Sagem would potentially have made a good gamers phone... but perhaps another UK network will pick up the handset?

P

Guest www.msmobiles.com
"]Reading between the lines, it seems Orange are focusing on the C500

focusing on C500 ? so much that delaying or not releasing MPx220 ? :)

Guest martin

I wonder if this means that Orange France are listing the MyS-7 instead of the C500. I'm not sure if we should feel sorry for them or they should feel sorry for us :)

Guest Paul [MVP]

Orange France are offering both, but Sagem is a much stronger brand in it's native France, and the French are famed for their loyalty to home-grown products.

P

Guest martin

Both :shock: That's just plain greedy :)

Hopefully it will be possible to a get a SIM free version over here. The phone doesn't look anything special but if it does what it says on the box then I could still be tempted to get one.

Guest Gorskar

If it was cheap I'd have had it. :P

For a gamer its ideal - small, latest OS, proper joystick (none of those funnyu tilt up-down/push left right pads) camera etc.

Only major loss was the bluetooth, but If it was cheap that wouldnt have concerned me overly.

Big shame - as the c500 is out of the running due to its rubbish game support I'll keep waiting... (and see if the other networks can offer anything better in the microsoft smartphone front :) )

Guest agent.m
If it was cheap I'd have had it. :P

For a gamer its ideal - small, latest OS, proper joystick (none of those funnyu tilt up-down/push left right pads) camera etc.

Only major loss was the bluetooth, but If it was cheap that wouldnt have concerned me overly.

Big shame - as the c500 is out of the running due to its rubbish game support I'll keep waiting... (and see if the other networks can offer anything better in the microsoft smartphone front :) )

took the words out of my mouth :wink: looks like im stuck with classic spv for a bit longer :D ps did some research and just wondered if they fixed the screen as there were reports of it being too dim.

Guest mattscholey
focusing on C500 ? so much that delaying or not releasing MPx220 ?  :)

No. Mpx220 does have advantages over the C500 (eg. clamshell design, megapixel camera). The Sagem is basically the same phone from a different manufacturer, except it's bigger. I didn't think Orange would release it, as there really is no point, as the C500 is basically the same phone.

Anyway, aren't you banned? :P

Matt

Guest Gorskar
the C500 is basically the same phone.

The C500 is NOT the same phone - It can't handle games. The Sagem can.

BIG difference imho.

(also the Sagem is lacking bluetooth)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.