Help on E200 Mapopolis and Bluetooth mouse

Guest Castlegrayskull

Guest Castlegrayskull

Im thinking about getting a BT Mouse to use in conjunction with my E200 and Mapopolis ....

Before I get on eBay and buy some incompatible tat ....

what are peoples experiences of which BT Mouses work with the E200 and Mapopolis?

Cheers

Dave

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

I use a TomTom BT GPS.

Works fine, the only problem is that on the odd occasion I have to start it a few times in Mapopolis.

Seems to run faster than my old Haicom 201e serial GPS

Guest Castlegrayskull
I use a TomTom BT GPS.

Works fine, the only problem is that on the odd occasion I have to start it a few times in Mapopolis.

My Mate had one ... tried to BT to it ... it just wouldn't work for whatever reason ?? ...

what setting are you using?

Guest Castlegrayskull
I use the Fortuna BT Clipon. very nice little package reliable battery life is good and is replacable with a nokia battery if it ever dies. :wink:

This is also the one they recommend on MS Mobiles ... may be the way I'll go!

I'm assuming the software will work just as well with the C500 ... If I get one?

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

This is how I got my BT GPS to work, it may help with other units. First set the BT the discoverable.

Then go to Accessories, Configurations then go to BT SerialPortSetup then tick the Outbound COM7 box. when you press Done it will ask you to bond. Bond with the device according to the instructions.

Then go to Mapopolis and press Menu, Settings then GPS Options change the port to COM&: and set the baud rate to Auto, change other settings as desired then press Done.

Now to start the GPS, ensure the GPS is on and has a signal (green light flashing on the TomTom) then press Menu, GPS and then Start GPS. Usually after a few seconds you will hear the doink sound and off you go but sometimes it can take a few minutes.

Hope this helps.