ClearVue and e-mail attachments - question

Guest paddy_mcnulty

Guest paddy_mcnulty

Hi,

I have just installed ClearVue onto my C500. I have just tried opening a Word doc that was attached to e-mail (which was placed on phone via Active Sync from my desktop) and nothing seems to happen. Are you able to view word, excel, pdf, etc straight form e-mail attachments or do I have to save them somewhere?

I have tried looking at all the menu options, etc and can't find a way of opening them from 'Messaging'. Also I tried using Clear Vue to find them in the file manager but I can't.

Any help would be great.

Cheers

Guest cybercamel

You should be able to view them straight from the email attachments, I've got an excel worksheet which I can access straight from the email. That was emailed to me though so I wonder if its where you've placed the file through active sync?

Guest paddy_mcnulty

Cheers for the advice. Unfortunately I still can't seem to open anything otherthan the e-mail - all I get is the 'mark for download' icon and when I click on nothing seems to happen except that it changes the icons on the doc and 'mark for download'. I'll have to try and work it out before the trail runs out. If I get it work properly it would be great. I think it would open up the uses of my smartphone.

Guest cybercamel

Sounds like you need to get into your email setup. When you get to 'Download the following messages' change the second option to 'entire message'. You should then get all of the email including the attachments.

Guest paddy_mcnulty

Thanks for the advice cybercamel. I messed around a bit and increased the size of e-mail downlaod etc like you said. Also discovered that I had to tell ActiveSync not to convert docs to pcoket pc versions - I hadn't thought of this!. All working now :)