Sending pics by bluetooth

Guest musicmen.co.uk

Guest musicmen.co.uk

I got my new C500 on orange on tuesday. WOW! Such a great phone! :) 8)

Anyway, i would like to know if its possible to send my friend a photo and/or a video clip via bluetooth?

Ive worked out how to "beam" contact and calendar details, but cant figure out sending pics by bluetooth.

Any help or ideas please?

Guest Xenzo1990

Get smart explorer from www.binarys.com (hope that addy is right). Navigate to your photos folders, click file, send, and you can work the rest out from there. Or you can do it via the inbuilt file manager, select the file, click beam and make sure your friends bluetooth is on and it will detect it, I find using smart explorer allows quicker transfers.

You can use the built in file manager too. You just need to have bluetooth turned on and it then searches. The naming on the menus doesn't help figure this out though which I thought was sloppy design.

Is Smartexplorer quicker than this for data transfers then? It's more expensive.. for sure

Hope this helps,

Dave

Guest moodyalex

o.k. I have read a few posts and am still none the wiser.

How on earth do you send files from the C500 by blue tooth?

Even with bluetooth enabled there are no options in either "multimedia album" or the included file manager.

The best I can get is to use file manager and go send Via infrared and then it seems to do some searching that seems to upset a T610 with blue tooth turned on but offer no file transfer.

Has anyone managed this yet? it must surely be something you can do with the bundled software.

Guest musicmen.co.uk
o.k. I have read a few posts and am still none the wiser.

How on earth do you send files from the C500 by blue tooth?

Even with bluetooth enabled there are no options in either "multimedia album" or the included file manager.

The best I can get is to use file manager and go send Via infrared and then it seems to do some searching that seems to upset a T610 with blue tooth turned on but offer no file transfer.

Has anyone managed this yet? it must surely be something you can do with the bundled software.

Yes, i managed it with smartexplorer (as above). Just navigate to the file you want to send, Click File > 6. Send Recieve > 2. Send file by IR/BT that will then scan a)if the IR port is activated or :) if there are any bluetooth connections available.

Haven't tried this yet so I may be leading you astray moodyalex (and I wouldnt assume it must be included!). Having turned on the bluetooth on your T610 and then set your C500 to discoverable make sure there is a connection (i.e. that you can 'see' the T610 on your C500 and then add it to your devices list). Then try the file transfer.

Guest moodyalex

Having spent a lot of time trying different orders of turning bluetooth on and off, and bonding devices, I am now fairly sure that once blue tooth is enabled and a connection is available that the phone will not give you a send by blue tooth option.

This would appear to be a myth.

Or, perhaps someone knows otherwise and has managed it?

Until i hear otherwise im sticking to Smartexplorer.

P.s. also a shame that you seem to have to use security codes on both devices before sending files, no more sending subversive images to commuters for me.

Hmmm, well both Xenzo1990 and dave78 reported that it did work with the bundled software (above). If you are still here chaps, perhaps you could post a "How To" of how to send files via BT using the inbuilt Explorer???

Hmmm, well both Xenzo1990 and dave78 reported that it did work with the bundled software (above). If you are still here chaps, perhaps you could post a "How To" of how to send files via BT using the inbuilt Explorer???I though the enhanced security was a great idea - especially with the demonstration of phone virii that can be transmitted via BT.

• 2 months later...

you can send pic's by bluetooth by going in to your file manager selecting the pic you want to send by bluetooth and then go to menu then go to send and in the next bit it will come up with "send viaInfrared and selected the phone you want to send it to . So there you go get any prods send an e-mail :)

i had my sp3i a week ago, but i don´t know sync my smartphone via bluetooth, i like do it very much, heelp-me pls

thanks.

very tricky as someone stated however here is a quick guide... taken from msmobile.com

rgds

jim

A few hints:

1 - The adapter does not like being plugged into a hub

2 - Can you pair to your PC?

3 - The Bluetooth icon on your PC turns green when you have an active connection.

4 - Double click the BT icon on your PC. Go to View/Modify Config. Then Local services. Note the BT serial port.

5 - Open Activesync on your PC. Go to file/connection settings and make sure the serial com port is the same as in no4 above. If not change it. Make sure the check box is ticked and the port says it is available. If not choose another port in no4 above.

6 - Go to active sync on your phone. Click menu/Connect via BT. (BT must be on of course).

7 - If that does not work, right click the PC´s BT icon, select Quick Connect/BT Serial port. Then after it connects turn BT off then on (phone).

8 - Good luck. BT is a lot of trial and error, but one thing is for sure, it´s a pain is the ...!

Instructions for setting up the ability to connect your smartphone with PC over Bluetooth for the purpose of using ActiveSync (Microsoft´s program for PC for file exchange/browsing and data synchronization with Windows Mobile devices):

Phone Setup

* go inside of your smartphone to menu: Start / Settings / Bluetooth and set there the type to "Discoverable"

* go inside of your smartphone to menu: Start / Configurations / BT Settings - o enter name of your device - we have entered for example "SmartPhone" (names cannot be too long)

o press "Done"

PC Setup

* inside of your PC: go to "Bluetooth Explore", "My Bluetooth Places / Entire Bluetooth Neighborhood" or whatever it is called in your Bluetooth software and locate your smartphone by a name that you entered in the previous step ; after finding it bond (or "pair" depending on the naming convention of your Bluetooth software) with it! While bonding remember to use the same "Bluetooth PIN" (or "passcode") both in PC and in Smartphone and it must be numeric (limitation of a dialog in Smartphone); (eventually you can bond also from the smartphone side)

* inside of yor PC: in Microsfot ActiveSync program in menu File / Connection Settings set check box "Allow serial cable or infrared connection to this COM port:" and in the combo box below select a port number that is correspondign to Bluetooth communication port (you can look them up in Control Panel / System / Hardware / Device Manager / Ports) - in our case it was "COM4" ; please note: it is "virtual COM port" created by Bluetooth drivers, not a physical one

BT Activesync Phone Activation

* inside of your smartphone: go to ActiveSync and select Menu / Connect via Bluetooth

* READY. Now you can use AciveSync over Bluetooth with your Microsoft Smartphone

* if you want to disconnect from ActiveSync over Bluetooth connection then in your smartphone: go to Settings / Bluetooth and set the Bluetooth to off (previously either "Discoverable" or "On")

Guest Honest John

Edri wrote "you can send pic's by bluetooth by going in to your file manager selecting the pic you want to send by bluetooth and then go to menu then go to send and in the next bit it will come up with "send viaInfrared and selected the phone you want to send it to . So there you go get any prods send an e-mail "

Sorry, but that is Infrared transfer, not Bluetooth. Different Colour!!!

I have successfully received a picture from my T610 via Bluetooth, but there is no "send via BT" in the standard software File Manager. I have successfully used Infrared.

Rang ORANGE 156 and they said "No can do". But they could be wrong - there's a first time for everything (joke).

So if someone has managed it with Bluetooth (and is not colour blind and using Infrared) particularly if they have used File Manager, please post exactly how.

What I can not understand how a 3rd party bit of software such as SmartExplorer can activate a hardware facility such as send via BT when the basic phone package can't. Even my T610 can do this no bother.

Cheers.

Guest Honest John

Installed SmartExplorer and it does indeed have the option to transfer via bluetooth. And it works a treat. Hats off to www.binarys.com for their product and a big black mark to Orange (the phone-making side) for not providing that as standard. And a "sorry" to Edri for my misunderstanding that he was referring to SmartExplorer and not File Manager.

Guest Confucious

I've just tried sending pics to a Motorola A925 and a SE T68 and had no joy. Although the C500 shows "searching" it does not find any other devices weather paired or not.

If anyone has got the built in file manager to work could you please post details of which phone and how?

Thx.

Not much help confucious but I managed a BT transfer to a Nokia 7610 using the default file explorer. Make sure you have your phone set to discoverable and accept incoming beams on. I just went into the explorer, clicked send via IR and it detected one BT device in range and I sent the file which appeared on the target phone. Assumed it was this easy for all phone but that may have been a mistake!

Nope, the installed one DOES send via BT as standard - it is just badly worded.

I can confer as well, it searches for the bluetooth devices in range then if none is found prompts to allign IrDA ports to send via IrDA.

rgds

Jim

• 1 month later...
Guest mike_freegan

Why does mine not do that? It's actually ridiculous that they sell this as a smartphone when it lacks even "dumb phone" features. What would be the harm in putting a "send as bluetooth/IR" option in the media viewer and media player?

Microsoft OS is an arse.