Help from anyone that upgraded to MS Smartphone 2003

Guest moppet52

Guest moppet52

Hi,

I have upgraded to the 2003 OS, and followed the directions to the letter. Everything worked out great, except my battery is dies in less than a day of standby! I made sure that it was charged to 100% before flashing the OS, but it has not helped. I bought a new battery off of ebay and I thought that it might alleviate the problem, but it has not. I have done a search of the forum, but was unable to find a solution (except to make sure the battery was charged when first flashing the OS).

Did I screw up my battery life on my phone forever? Has anyone come up with a solution to really short battery life experienced after the 2003 upgarde? Is there a way to fix this? Or am I looking for a new phone?

Any info would be appreciated.

moppet52

Guest HighBimminR6

In order to get better battery life you need to make sure that when you get done using a program(Contacts, Calender, etc) then use Resource Manager to kill it. Its eating up battery life while those programs are running in the background. That helps keep my battery alive longer, hope it does the same for you.

Guest awarner [MVP]

After flahing you also hve to do a Hard Reset, when you do this you have to make sure the phone is 100% charged again as the

battery level will drop while doing the initial flashing.

Guest DonaldGoh
Hi,

I have upgraded to the 2003 OS, and followed the directions to the letter.  Everything worked out great, except my battery is dies in less than a day of standby!  I made sure that it was charged to 100% before flashing the OS, but it has not helped.  I bought a new battery off of ebay and I thought that it might alleviate the problem, but it has not.  I have done a http://smartphone.modaco.com/search.php>Search of the forum, but was unable to find a solution (except to make sure the battery was charged when first flashing the OS).

Did I screw up my battery life on my phone forever?  Has anyone come up with a solution to really short battery life experienced after the 2003 upgarde?    Is there a way to fix this?  Or am I looking for a new phone?

Any info would be appreciated.

moppet52

Try disable IR? Heard this works.

Guest aaronpentz

I had the same problem

I charged to 100% then did a Hard reset (3 times)

It was good for about a day

Then I fully charged it, disconnected it, did a hard reset and right after it started to format the ISPM i plugged it back in.

5 days so far and after about 10 hours on standby the battery only drops to about 85%.

I had the same problem

I charged to 100% then did a http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?p=97945#97945>Hard Reset (3 times)

It was good for about a day

Then I fully charged it, disconnected it, did a http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?p=97945#97945>Hard Reset and right after it started to format the ISPM i plugged it back in.

5 days so far and after about 10 hours on standby the battery only drops to about 85%.

anybody else try that^^ does it work???

i can vouch. i charged the phone, then when it said charged, i unplugged it and charged again, and again, and again--prolly about 5-6 times total, then I did the hard reset. keep in mind this was prolly about a month afte the 2k3 upgrade. since then it has been way way better.