Emails in POP3 accounts disappearing

Guest ste_lin

Guest ste_lin

I was wondering if anyone else had been having this problem.

I am using an orange.net email account on my C500 and it has been working well, sending and receiving as expected. But I have discovered that after downloading and reading messages, and having them sat in the inbox, the next time I perform the send/receive the emails in the inbox are disappearing; they are not moving to the deleted folder – just vanishing.

I am currently in the process of applying for a new job and could really do without my emails vanishing without trace. Does anybody know how I can stop this happening?

Guest rameses

I am having a similar issue with my Yahoo accounts but I suspect it might be due to the settings for collecting the emails. I have the phone set to only retrieve emails from 'today' so it might be that it ignores anything that is not from 'today' and so when the screen refreshes it is not there. I haven't as yet tried changing the settings though so I could be wrong.

Does any one know if you can create other folders for storing read emails in rather than just leaving them in the inbox?

Guest dreamweavel

Do you have your Orange.net account set up in outlook on your PC? If you do, when you send and receive on your PC outlook will by default download the emails from the orange pop3 server and delete them. Next time you send and receive off your phone they'll be gone cos all the phone does is display what's on the pop3 server.

You can move the important ones to your "sent" folder on your phone before sending and receiving off your PC cos they don't get cleared. Not ideal but it will work... :-s

• 5 months later...
Guest nick123

Hi Ste Lin,

If you find it comforting, I have exactly the same problem........I have four pop3 accounts in my C500 and they all can suffer in this way. I've posted it on the C500 bug list, but it doesn't seem that HTC or Orange are in too much of a hurry to fix it. What it means for me is that I also have to carry my iPAQ with me when I travel, as the Smartphone is just not reliable for email attachments. It's a great pity, and is a major drawback.

Can anyone out there fix this, please? As far as I'm concerned it's the ONLY problem with this phone, but it's fairly major.

Nick

• 1 month later...
Guest bowman
I was wondering if anyone else had been having this problem.

I am using an orange.net email account on my C500 and it has been working well, sending and receiving as expected. But I have discovered that after downloading and reading messages, and having them sat in the inbox, the next time I perform the send/receive the emails in the inbox are disappearing; they are not moving to the deleted folder – just vanishing.

I am currently in the process of applying for a new job and could really do without my emails vanishing without trace. Does anybody know how I can stop this happening?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One of the common issues here seems to be orange.net! I have an orange.net account and my phone freqently tells me it is downloading headers etc but when I go to view them they are not there!! I know that they exist because I can see them using their webmail service. I have spoken to orange tech support a number of times to no avail - I even got one techie to admit that they knew of the problem with C500 and orange.net and it was just a 'known issue'. If anyone knows what to do let us know!! Its driving me mad.

Guest mcapiro

I've had this same problem as well. I'm using the i-mate sp3 rom and I also have a problem with emails disappearing. I'm not using an orange.net account as I am with T-Mobile in the US. The problem seems to surface when I mark a message for download. My normal settings are to download the first (I'm not sure on the exact number) but think it's the first 100K of the message. That's fine but whenever I tell it to download the full message and I return back to the message list it just disappears. It has nothing to do with Outlook removing the messages out of the pop account, as I only use the account with my phone. I've tried posting about the problem on various boards, and other people seem to have had the problem as well, although no one has a solution.

Sorry, that I couldn't be of more help but I feel your pain.