Windows Media Player 10 Final - Smartphone support fixed!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest salavat

Maybe it is not available, or I cannot see it, but how do I add my smartphone, so that is can sync from WMP 10? I have Imate Smartphone 2.

When the phone is active synced via bluetooth - it does not come up as an available device. I have also tried going into tools and devices, but it doesn't show it there either.

Guest chucky.egg

Stupid questions maybe:

I've looked at the legal music download sites, but they all seem to supply ONLY in the WMA format, and (AFAIK) the tracks will only play on devices that can verify the license somehow.

I don't buy much music ATM, and I'd only want to get a few tracks per month (not whole albums necessarily) so these services are good in theory, but...

Can I use this to buy legal WMA downloads online and play them on my phone?

Does the C500 let you play "licensed" music like that?

And do I have to pay extra for the honour?

I've tried in the past and ended up with music that I can only listen to on my work PC :)

"]When I click the 'sync' button, the Storage Card on the phone is automatically selected.  

When I click sync I find it starts the conversion and after a short while ActiveSync drops the connection to the phone! :roll: Anyone else had that???!

Guest kyrkesmith

It looks nice enough in it's full scale version, but when it appears in the start menu, on my machine at least, it looks very dodgy. Similarly on the task-bar.

Guest battletank

I can sync audio fine, but the video sync options are greyed out for my C500... such a shame - presumably these only work on their Portable Media Players.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Confucious

I have WMP10 and a c500 but when I go to Sync it says "No device has been detected. Press F5 to refresh the player"

Pressing F5 has no effect.

I am connected to my PC via BT and activesunc works fine.

Any idea why WMP can't see my phone? How can I fix it?

Thanks

Guest Confucious

So it is! i've just plugged the cable in (I think I tried it once before when i got the phone) and it's recognised by WMP.

Just a shame it doesn't work via BT. :lol:

Guest kyrkesmith

One issue I came across (in addition to the Bluetooth one), was a problem with it syncing a large number of files. I've got a 1GB SD card, and when it got to just over 1/3rd full, I got a message saying the rest of the files couldn't fit on the device. Most of my files are at 48kbps (yuh, not that brilliant admittedly), and a few at 64kbps. I can't remember, but I think it left the 64k ones. Even so, it's a bug of some sort.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.