Hard Reset Problems

Guest neuromancer

Guest neuromancer

hi, i tried doing a hard reset on my spv e100 because it crashed, but i only see one option after the "Card Found" message, i only see the "Press any key to enter boot loader..." option but not the "Press action button to enter diag mod" option. I appreciate any advice you can give since i need to use my cell asap. :)

you seem to be doing everything right other than pressing the action button at the right time.

I hold the action key, then release it when the screen says press any key then press it again imediatly. This works for me.

Guest neuromancer
you seem to be doing everything right other than pressing the action button at the right time.  

I hold the action key, then release it when the screen says press any key then press it again imediatly. This works for me.

Thanks for the tip squall, I tried this one also but still, no menu appears, it just go directly to the 3 color canary screen, and at times, just a blank white screen, is there something wrong with the boot loader, i see a v1.09, this could be the boot loader version... Any other ideas will be greatly appreciated :wink:

Guest awarner [MVP]

If you get a blank white screen only (even after letting go of the buttons)

then it sounds like you have the plastic dummy card in the phone.

You need to have an SD or MMC card in the phone when you do a hard reset.

Guest neuromancer

wow! it worked, never thought that it needs a real mmc instead of the dummy one, anyways, thanks a lot awarner! :)

If you get a blank white screen only (even after letting go of the buttons)

then it sounds like you have the plastic dummy  card in the phone.

You need to have an SD or MMC card in the phone when you do a http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?p=97945#97945>Hard Reset.