C500 Screen Easily Scratched

Guest jamesrich

Guest jamesrich

I've had my C500 about 2 weeks, and it has already amounted a ridiculous amount of scratches and large scuffs on the surface of the screen. Everytime I take the phone out my pocket it's worse with more scuffs, in a few months I expect that the screen will be unreadable.

Has anyone else noticed anything similar, that the CA500 is unusually prone to screen damage.

I have never seen a phone screen damaged this badly, especially after two weeks! My previous SPV is virtually perfect after a year of similar treatment.

Guest midnight

are you putting the phone in same pocket as coins and keys? this has been discussed before and the simple solution is to be carefull where you put it, but so far mine is scratch free (but then this is only the 3rd day i've had it :))

Guest jamesrich

It's a bit late for that now, I'm still a bit concerned. I've owned 6 phones, each one over a year, including two SPV's. I've never payed any attention to looking after the screen, and have done a less than stellar job in looking after my phones. Though each screen is still in good condition.

I've had this one 2 weeks and it looks worse off than any phone I've ever seen, it's now a complete laughing stock.

Has anyone else noticed the screens being particulary shite compared to other phones.

or do as i have leave the original screen cover plastic on the screen had mine over a week no problems will keep the plastic on until i get a krussel case :wink: :wink: :wink:

yeah my phone has picked up a nasty scratch, and several less noticable scratches, but they can be seen all too well with the backlight off under a lamp.

gotta buy me some displex :roll:

Guest steve_smith

I managed to pick up some scratches on mine yesterday too, no idea how it even happened.

Does Orange Care cover this kind of thing? I guess you could say it's accidental damage :)

If anyone has tried displex or T-cut (or any of the other ideas I searched around and found here) on the C500 screen, let us know your results please. Thanks!

Steve.

Guest Paul [MVP]

My left pocket is my dedicated phone pocket, keys, coins etc. in my other pocket, and i've had my phone probably longer than anyone else on here and have NO scratches.

P

Posted from my SmartPhone!

yeah, I also only put the phone in my left pocket.. how strange...

I bought a martin fields overlay (probably the best overlays available) for a Toshiba E800 (4" display) from ebay for £8.. then cut this into 3.. and have some spare for when it wears out!!!

The display on the C500 is excellent, clear, bright etc, but this is becuase there is no massive murky bit of plastic infront of it.. just a thin protective layer, that is not so hardy.. you have to be careful.. but I prefer it this way, as using a good screen protector/overlay, it shames most other phones..