New Uroa-Tech/ICT Technologies Remo picture

Guest midnight

Guest midnight

Another new picture of the Remo has appeared, this time sporting an aerial, and the front buttons modified from previous pictures.

Is this real? The homescreen certainly isnt, as the specs say MS Smartphone 2003 )and this is clearly Smartphone 2002), and the icons used are from Orange (as far as i'm aware). (and where are the call/end call buttons?)

Still, its good to see new devices, and this one is certainly interesting with its slide-out keypad.

remo.jpg

The Specs are as follows (some just dont seem quite correct mind you):

Tri-Band

260K TFT display 176 x 220, 2.2" Touch (touchscreen??? not on MS Smartphone it aint :))

MS Smartphone 2003

32M bit flash & 32M bit SRAM (megabit???)

32Mb for MS2003 (errr, presuming they mean 32mb rom)

Intel CPU for MS2003

64 poly Stereo-Midi

MP3, MP4 player

Wap 2.0

EMS MMS IM

GPRS Class 10

IrDA, USD Client

PC Sync

iTab text input

J2ME

Dual Speaker & Headset Jack

Talk Time: 140mins

Standby: 100 hrs

Size: 87 x 47 x 23.5mm

Weight < 95g

Release Date: Sep 2004 (Europe/China)

Ive also heard this thing has 1.3mp camera, but then, thats of course if this is indeed a MS Smartphone.

Guest ultimasnake

looks kinda fake to me.. though if it where real AND had a hangup/dial button etc it would be nice i guess.... also for a phone to be released soon the image looks to photoshoped :S

Guest ultimasnake

err true true... but still :S

here is another image

from :http://www.wirelessmoment.com/2004/01/ict_europhoneus.html

The companies are debuting several phones in the first and second quarter of this year, but the one I'm most interested in is the EG 4000 or "Remo." The 1.3 megapixel camera phone with flash is a quad band GSM GPRS handset featuring a slide-down keypad and, supposedly, Microsoft's Smartphone software. But as Gizmodo points out, the screen, as shown in a photo (see below), doesn't look like the Smartphone OS.

Phone-Products-GP-GS-EG4000.gif

it doesn't really look like an windows mobile os as they state too :S... let's just wait and see ey midnight :D

Also the standby time looks to large to me 7.5 days? where do they store that much energy? :)

[edit]

I never doubt your word midnight but ofcourse sometimes we all can be fooled by great things like a new phone :P

[/edit]

[EDIT AGAIN]

2400_large.jpg

[/EDIT AGAIN]

and what is the INTERGRATED TV FUNCTION ? :S :S

Guest midnight

i'm not being fooled, i have no idea if its ms smartphone or not, hence the tone of my original post. theres lots of errors in the info. We actually posted about the remo about 6 months ago (using the same pics from Europhone Wireless as you've just posted :)), but this is the first pic with home/back buttons and an (admittedly fake) ms smartphone homescreen.

Guest hamstar50

May have to eat my smartphone hat or so to speak!

That other picture with it's shiney casing and gloss sure does make it look like a nice phone..yummy. Having said that, the slide down keypad is never favourable. Nevertheless, looks delicious and the idea of a MS smartphone that doesn't look like one (both unit and GUI) is very appealing. To me anyway.

Guest midnight

of course, the tv function could mean tv remote functionality (most likely if there is anything like that on there, but personally i wouldnt read anything into it just yet)

Guest nedge2k

Hmmm...this looks a bit too good to be true :P

However, jus because the GUI is different...dont mean its not SP. For instance, look at the icons on the homescreen....there is a home and call icon....is this to make up for the lack of hardware? Is that bar permanently visible / visible when a call comes in (for films)?

As snakey said...lets jus wait and see :)

looks fake to me its more like the siemens/samsung phones hope its a fake as my wife would want the dam thing as she likes the slide down bit, but hey pauls not replyed so its got to be a fake shame :) :P :D

Guest djfuego

I'm surprised that JAVA MIDP2 doesn't come up in the spec. :? Anyway. I'm more interested in a phone that doesn't have moving parts but this is a phone I wouldn't dismiss IF it did have java as standard.

The touch screen crit made me laugh. Phone with a real bio login.. that would be cool. I guess if it does then it won't be a smartphone unless MS are developing a new smartphone os with that functionality. Y recreate the wheel tho?

Speed of the Processor will be the clencher in buying the phone though.

Most people don't know what a phone can do these days when they buy one. I'd never have imagined I'd be playing old PC games on mine.

I can't see why this phone won't be possible in the future

Sigh. All the photos are are pre-release mockups. The image on the screen was not the image that the camera took. The screen was photoshopped in afterwards. This is common place with new technology. Jeez, the SPV I/II did the same thing IIRC, are our memories that short? :wink:

I'd take the text over the pictures in terms of accurate info anyday. Even then, it's all up in the air until the factory ramps up production.

Guest dearsina

fraser, I feel you frustration.

Obvoiusly they are all "fake", ie. computer generated, everything "to be released" is computer generated, even book ads on the tube are computer generated.

/tinfoil hat still unused

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.