3G coming to Windows Mobile

Guest midnight

Guest midnight

MoDaCo member Namiran has pointed me in the direction of this little snippet of information (translated from swedish)....

"-I dont want to tell you anything specific, but i can tell you that there is going to be a unit with both 3G and Windows Mobile available as latest june of next year. That is what Peter Wissinger, marketing chief of Microsoft Mobility in Europe tells us"

So, not much info, other than 'it's coming', which is still more info than we had previously (although it was inevitable at some point) :)

For the full text (in swedish) take a look here.

Guest SystemicAnomaly

I can't see the problem. Imagine an SPV E200 but with an extra camera on the front and a faster connection when using PIE. Orange 3G would probably take it but who knows, we're talking about half way through next year. (which would inevitably slip into Q4, or 2006 Q1)

Guest Animefan
I'm more interested in a Smartphone with 3G download speeds, not video calls!

I agree!

Video class are for blind people who cant use ordinary mobiles!

3 mobile - for blind people! :)

Guest cyrilthefish
I'm more interested in a Smartphone with 3G download speeds, not video calls!

Too right! I mean, thats the major problem with 3G... who the hell wants to actually make video calls? even people i know with 3G phones don't make video calls.

But 3G data speeds... :)

• 2 weeks later...

As already said, 3G video calls, what is the point :?

The idea of a smartphone with (perhaps) Premiership goals zooming through early doors on a Saturday night does appeal though.

Friends are already impressed that I can give them the latest scores by going on the net on my phone :)

As already said, 3G video calls, what is the point icon_confused.gif

My missus can WATCH me touch myself rather than just hear me talking about it....

The downside is she can see I'm not in the pub when I say I am.

Guest cybercamel

I also have no interest in video phones, but!!!

I used to have no interest in mobile phones (when they were the size of briefcases)

I used to have no interest in text messages (now spend a fortune on the bl**dy things)

I used to have no interest in games, applications, camera's and god knows what else - but now have a phone that's truly capable at all those things!

End result, I'm interested in anything that will push the boundaries. :)

Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.