iMate SP3i coming to USA / Australia - HTC Feeler

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

We revealed previously that the SP3i was being release by iMate in the USA, and we now know that the SP3i is also coming to Australia, and is based on the HTC FEELER!

The HTC Feeler, sharing the same internals as the HTC Typhoon, sports a cleaner look and a more normal joystick setup, as pictured below!

It is interesting to note that, unlike the SDA, this iteration has the conventional 2 soft key setup.

P

iMateSP3_SP3i.jpg

Guest MaximilianWeisheit

I WANT IT!!!!!

BABY - HOW AWESOME LOOKS THE i-MATE SP3i

Who sells it again in the USA?

Sound Solution ?

http://www.soundsolutionsam.com/imate/imate.html - Does NOT show in the Product list?!?!

Expansys - USA ?

http://www.expansys-usa.com/d_smartphone.asp - Does NOT show in the Product list?!?!

---- EDIT ----

Just emailed customer support at expansys-usa.com. They will not carry the SP3i. - Expansys CS: "Yeah - I see the difference, and we will be carrying the i-mate Sp3 smartphone - NOT the sp3i. "

---- EDIT ----

Who will offer / sell it!!! -- Who is the big i-Mat Distributer in the US? -- US Release date? -- CANT WAIT!!!

and by the way - BIG THANKS to i-Mate for taking the 'pink' out ,-)))

Guest InMovil

Lovely, i like it very very much, great keypad layout.

Lets wait now for the color range, i liked the Ice blue from the SP3 very much.

And the big question.... Europe release date? :)

Yeah! I'm curious about that as well.

Let's hope T-mobile doesn't have an exclusive for EU . . .

I'd rather prefer the SP3i without the two additional softs and the pink. :roll:

Wait & see, I guess.

Regards, Yoko

Guest MaximilianWeisheit

So...

Somebody knows who will be the i-mate distributors in the USA for the awesome new i-mate collection.

I mean everybody knows by now that they coming to the market, would't somebody like selling these?

:) :lol: :lol: CANT WAIT FOR MY STYLISH 'SP3i' :lol: :lol: :D

and Yeah why is the i-mate SP3i 4 mm thicker?!

108mm x 46mm x 16.3mm - C500 / i-mate SP3

108mm x 47mm x 20mm - i-mate SP3i

Somebody got a side thickness comparison

New_i-mates.jpg

Guest RussellH

Orange have led the Smartphone revolution in the UK to date. For one reason or another though, they're handsets have all had issues preventing me from keeping one. I know this SP3i may also have problems, but it looks great, has a joystick reads Excel docs, pdfs, and a whole range of things that make me want this phone. One problem though - I don't actually want to leave Orange. On the whole, I've always found them to be very good, and I don't hear good things about the other mobile companies. The pink branding also puts me off T-Mobile, so this is my appeal to Orange. Please please please release your own version of the SPV3i. The future's bright, but not pink!!!

I hope too RussellH :lol: and in france if it's possible :)

to MaximilianWeisheit; maybe the i-mate SP3i is 4mm thicker because of the joystick? it's just a suposition. I don't know more than all people here. just waiting informations like everybody ... :roll:

hmmmm...so if im not completly wrong, the imate sp3 is the american version of C500, and the sp3i is the american version of the feeler?

Maybe the pictures of the i-mate sp3i is the pictures that will emerge as the final version of The Feeler? If the i-mate sp3 is the same as C500, why should The Feeler and i-mate sp3i look diffrent from eatchother? After all, the spec's provided by t-mobile on qtek 8020 look old..so maybe there's a chance the european version will have this design to? :wink:

No pinga youre wrong, the sp3 and sp3i are just the operator free phones, to put it in another way, they are the phones you can purchase all over the world unlocked. The one i think you got confused with is the AUDIOVOX SMT 5600 wich is the same as the SPV C500 but with the GSM 800 (850) band instead of the 900, wich is better suited for the operators overseas. :)

No pinga youre wrong, the sp3 and sp3i are just the operator free phones, to put it in another way, they are the phones you can purchase all over the world unlocked. The one i think you got confused with is the AUDIOVOX SMT 5600 wich is the same as the SPV C500 but with the GSM 800 (850) band instead of the 900, wich is better suited for the operators overseas. :)

Thanx for clearing that up for me then. That the sp3 and sp3i are operator free phones are wonderful...when i think of it :wink:

Guest MaximilianWeisheit

I CANT WAIT!!!

I WANT THIS PHONE NOW!!!

HOW LONG WILL I-MATE NEED TO BRING THIS TO THE MARKET??? (they are soooo damn slow!)

Well there are definatly differences in the T-Mobile SDA and the i-Mate SP3i -- check out the keypad. not only color but also the form!

PS: vodaman: thanks for all the great pics!

SDA vs SP3i.jpg

Guest 28942_1437907221

T-Mobile SDA & SP3i

sda_vs_sp3i.jpg

Motorola MPx100

mx1.jpg

The T-Mobile SDA, the iMate SP3i and the 'failed' Motorola MPx100 looks kinda similar. I still wish they released the Motorola MPx100. But T-Mobile's SDA and the new iMate SP3i looks really nice too. Can't wait! :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.