Plus Members - Unlock your SPV C500!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

1 week ahead of the Public Release, those crazy cats at MiGSoft (http://www.imei-check.co.uk) are offering the SPV C500 SIM Unlock Solution for MoDaCo Plus Members!

Plus Members can view this thread for further details - the unlock is charged at £20 and is carried out fully remotely - no sending away of your phone required.

Click here to find out how to join and view a list of benefits.

Enjoy!

:)

P

Guest GameAngel

Now you have to pay to have your phone unlocked! I remember this forum was against people charging for this sort of information. This site has come a long way since its humble beginnings and has developed into the number one home-brew resource for Smartphone's, but its amazing how things change.

Maybe its time for another to take your place in the underground scene, because I had thought that forums were about sharing knowledge! Remember that’s how you got so big in the first place!

Guest Paul [MVP]

You seem to think incorrectly that the unlock has somehow been carried out by MoDaCo, which is not the case.

I think if imei-check have put a lot of work into the unlock - which of course they have - them they are entitled to charge for it.

The unlocker is a piece of software on your phone, how is it different from any other piece of software?

I would LOVE to see a free unlocker, but then i'd love to see all apps and games for free ;-) lol

P

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest GameAngel

There is so much FREE stuff on this site, all of which has taken a great deal of time and effort to produce, its what has helped it evolve.

If you were to examine your phones putting a price to every free application, game, and home screen contributed by your members, it would make owning a Smartphone a lot less fun.

We have all benefitted from the hard work of others thats why forums are called communities and anyway its not like you wont be receiving commission endorsing this service.

if i remember correctly, in order for the older e200 and mpx200s to be unlocked it required someone buying a bunch of the phones and testing to destruction in order to work out the unclocking codes, in this case its obvious why the service was charged for, to recoup losses. Id imagine the same has occured here...

if it took no more than a few hours of programming/investigating, and no phones were destroyed in the process then yes i think it goes against the community spirit to charge £20...but this isnt the case.

MoDaCo earning commission? i doubt it, most people here know of imei-check based on thier unlocking of the e200 and mpx200, the only benifit i can see MoDaCo making is a few people might sign up to plus to get the unlock a week early because they are impatient lol...and thats good for the community because it will support things like the shop :)

ive never needed to unlock my phone, so i dont know why im even in this thread lol

Guest Paul [MVP]
and anyway its not like you wont be receiving commission endorsing this service.

We are not affiliated with imei-check in any way, and we don't take any commission from sales via MoDaCo.

Our endorsement is that fact that the unlock works GREAT, Florin from IMEI check is a good guy, and nobody else offers the service :)

P

Guest GameAngel

Fare points, all of them and i will apologise if i have offended anything anyone.

My aim wasn't to start a rebelion, i just like to keep things edgy. You know, power to the people! and all that jaz.

I do love this place and i've been following the threads from the begining, so keep up the good work.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Just to clarify (and not to troll :lol:) - The free unlockers for older SPV's have been developed by other users on the forum who have decided to share their work for free. Again, this is a community and the members are free to distribute their work as and how they feel appropriate :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.