O2 Xphone Update Problem! Fr 1.9.11.4(CHT) to 1.10.11.2(CHT)

Guest neildominic

Guest neildominic

I tried updating my xphone from its old 1.9.11.4 (CHT) version. (the unit was bought by a friend in HongKong and im in the Philippines) unfortunately it didnt work.

so i tried to install the Rom upgrade again but i encountered some problems (this is my first time to upgrade and i really dont know that much of what the things i see on the screen) so i did take off the battery and had to return it a couple of seconds then when i did try to activesync it, it didnt work. what i can see on the xphone screen is these!

Press any key to

enter boot loader

then upon pressing any key, it shows

Smart Phone

v1.04 doc

So what am i going to do next??? i will try to follow some of the things posted in here but am a little bit confused of what to do because of so many suggestions posted.

need your help!!! thanx

------ what does it mean when u say 'to flash' or 'flashing...'

Guest hardcore

With the phone in the 3-colour screen, run the ROM update program again on your PC.

At some point you will see "flashing...". This means that the ROM in your phone is being erased and updated. You should see a progress indicator (0%...5%....) etc... dont do anything to the phone until the updating program on your PC tells you that the flashing is complete.

The flashing process usually takes about 10 minutes. After that, the phone will usually reboot by itself.

Guest neildominic

thanx for the help!!! i was able to update my xphone succesfully!!!

now i have a new problem again!!! :cry: i cant access my storage card!!! :)

after the upgrade - i installed new softwares, homescreens and tones (at this point i was still able to access the card) after a day, as i was trying to configure my data connections and at some point during this process when i tried to acces the storage card, i wasnt able to....

i tried so many times reinserting the card, but still cant access it. i even tried inserting the mmc card to a diff. device but it workd. i even tried accesing a diff card to the xphone but it also didnt workd. then i tried it again when the xphone is in full battery, but still i wasn't able to access it!!!

what shld i do??? is it ok if i try to reinstall the upgrade again or uninstall the softwares i installed????

Guest hardcore

From what you are saying, its probably a software problem. Try uninstalling the software that you installed one by one. But if you dont have anything important on the phone, I suggest just to "upgrade" it again to put it back to factory default settings.