ROM Upgrade,HELP!!

Guest meisocool

Guest meisocool

Hi guys...

first of all i'm new in here,and i would like to ask u guys some question.

i have an o2 xphone,and then i heard from my friend that i have to upgrade it to Orange SPV E200 Operator ROM 2.6.1.3 so it can works better and then i did it,and it works well,so far i like the lay out and some other improvements than my old O2 ROM,the only problem is it wont install the Homescreen with extesion *.cab,but it work fine with *.hme and all other app with *.cab except *.cab for homescreen,why is that?how to fix it?:wink:

anyway and then i just found out that O2 Xphone also had release ROM 1.10.18.3(eng) which i guess the latest ROM from O2 right?

now my question is can i upgrade my xphone(with SPV ROM 2.6.1.3) to O2 Xphone with ROM 1.10.18.3(eng)?....coz i heard from my friend that it will broken my phone if i changing the ROM to O2 Xphone's ROM again...is that true? :?:

and if it's possible,then which o2 xphone's ROM should i use to upgrade my phone again from SPV E200's 2.6.1.3 ROM?is it 1.7.10.2 (ENG) or 1.10.18.3(eng)? :?:

and which one is better O2 Xphone with ROM 1.10.18.3(eng) or Orange SPV E200 v 2.7.5.1's ROM? :?:

that's all my question,please answer it...i'm sorry if somebody had asked this kind of question.thanx :)

btw sorry for my bad english,i'm from indonesia by the way :wink:

Guest meisocool

Guys come on...reply me please,just at least answer my question wheter it's possible or impossible to upgrade from e200's rom to xphone's rom from o2 xphone. :cry:

or if u wont bother to answer my questions just at least answer this question only

which o2 xphone's ROM should i use to upgrade my phone again from SPV E200's 2.6.1.3 ROM?is it 1.7.10.2 (ENG) or 1.10.18.3(eng)?

that's it,pls...i know that it had been asked a couple times but i can't find the exact same question......pls!!! :)

Guest Digital_Carnage

I'll answer you but not sure if I can help.

On my old SPV i managed to switch between the orange ROM and the I-Mate with not too many difficulties.

Try to upgrade yer phone with the latest O2 ROM with the phone turned on and sync'd to yer PC.

If this fails then a lot of people get results by upgrading the phone when it is in bootloader. To acces this this all you do is hold down the Record and power on button when you power on your phone.

Then try running the ROM update program again.

Hope this helps.