Lockup with Screen saver and keypad lock

Guest Ian

When my (two days old) SPV has the screen saver set to "turn off" and the keypad lock set with the red disconnect button, it seems to become totally locked about 25% of the time, ie it won't respond to any buttons and needs a battery removal.

Have had at on "silent" profile when this has happened. Has anyone else had anything similar?

Other than that - love it! Battery life OK so far too.... :D

Guest Paul Proctor

yep - afraid so. amongst literally dozens og bugs my phone has, that is probably the worst. To make it worse, while the SPV is in the 'locked up' state it won't even respond to incoming calls. Callers hear the ring tone but your phone won't ring. this means that unless you have realised your SPV has locked up you will not receive calls.

Guest HelloDave

I've noticed over the last few days it seems to do this more for me when the camera is attatched but the phone is locked. Anyone else noticed this? Maybe some sort of serial port polling issue?

Guest clifhanger_uk

Yes agreed, but my SPV 'locks up' in different conditions... Not consistent - A lot when on charge overnight it will be dead in the morning black scren and require batt removal. Batt removal being needed now most days!!

Symptom: Either blank screen. Pwr butt no use or Scren ok but handset frozen, batt removal needed.

Guest Paul Proctor

since my previous post i have contacted Orange to complain about the 'buggy' nature of my SPV and particularly the screen locking problem, as it has rendered my SPV almost unusable. For once, i spoke to a very helpful chap who checked my mobile number and said that i had not received all the latest SIM and phone updates and therefore i would be experiencing a multitude of software related problems. He sent me the latest SIM updates, etc, via SMS and since then my phone has been much better. Still getting some bugs, but can live with them now as at least i can use the phone. My advice: everybody ring Orange and make sure you have the latest updates - just be sure you speak with someone who knows what they are doing, i've spoken to a number of different 'helpers' ranging from excellent to very poor indeed.....

Guest andyh_00

Hi all,

I had the same screen locking problem a few days ago, then to make matters worse it started to switch it's self off.

Orange have sent me a new handset, which is nice but I've lost all of the apps that I've downloaded!!! :evil:

Anyone know how to backup this phone up, other than the over the air sync?

Andy

• 3 years later...
Guest digeesh
When my (two days old) SPV has the screen saver set to "turn off" and the keypad lock set with the red disconnect button, it seems to become totally locked about 25% of the time, ie it won't respond to any buttons and needs a battery removal.

Have had at on "silent" profile when this has happened. Has anyone else had anything similar?

Other than that - love it! Battery life OK so far too.... :)