Problem with new 256Mb SecureDigital Card...

Guest Kushan

I went out and bought myself a new 256Mb SD card (Kingston brand) for my SPV E200 and I can't seem to get it to work right.

Any time I try to send a file to it via activesync it just freezes the window and nothing happens, it sometimes even causes Explorer to crash.

By using Smartexplorer from the phone, I tried to just create a new folder/file and I can't even do that! It just gives me an error.

Before any of you say, the little lock slider thing is in the correct position (although I tried it from both sides just in case, same problem).

Am I doing something wrong here? does the card need to be formatted or something like that? Or is it possible it is just faulty? The 32Mb SD card that came with my phone works fine, and still works now....

EDIT: Oh and in the Task manager, it registers the card as having 243Mb free and 0bytes used...

Guest meatgrinder

its a known problem - install smart explorer or binaries task manager (to the phones memory - not storage card) then run it, and format the sd card, this should sort it out :)

Dave

Guest meatgrinder

its a known problem - install smart explorer or binaries task manager (to the phones memory - not storage card) then run it, and format the sd card, this should sort it out :)

Daveas for the 243mb free thing - its normal - they never register as having 256mb (as with all storange devices) i believe the problem stems from the manufacturers counting (for example) 1mb as being 1000kb, when its actualy 1024kb

Dave

Yeha i knew about the space thing, I was just putting that in because it shows the phone is at least "seeing" the card.

I installed Binary's Task manager, but when I select "format SD/MMC card" it says "Error while formatting the card" :

you know...as much as I appreciate the help, I'd rather not have to spend even more money just to get a faulty product to work :lol:

Besides I'm getting a new base unit in a few weeks time that comes with an internal multi-card reader :lol:

I think I'll just take it back, luckily the store is open on saturdays and i pass it on my way to work :)