Waiting for Orange Upgrade stock is killing me

Guest wi11

I'm new on this forum, already think it's great.

I have a Siemens SL55, awful awful phone, the keypad has a mind of it's own. I wanted to upgrade and was looking at Nokia's, SE's etc. The chap on Orange CS suggested a SPV and I was like 'they're weird tho, I want a brand phone.' Oh boy, am I glad I investigated into them!

So now I've decided I really really want a SPV-C500, Orange have let me know that I can upgrade for free, BUT they don't have stock at the moment. Carphone Warehouse, Orange Shop do have stock but both want to charge me £80 for the upgrade... :) So I'm waiting for the text message from Orange saying they have new stock in..

Sorry for the ramble, I do have a question though. Is there anything I can be doing to prepare for the C500 besides organising my email accounts to one central POP3?

Cheers!

welcome to the crazy world of the spv .

you can while you wait check through the games and applications sections for some games to install check out midnights eclipse game which will soon work on the c500 and visit the modaco shop a larger sd card :wink: :wink: :wink:

Still no stock at Orange :) Has anyone ever managed to get an Orange upgrade for free from a high street shop?

Yes, I got a SPV C500 from an Orange shop on Sunday. It was free on a £15/month, 1 year contract, 120 x-net minutes, 30 texts included.

I'm a new customer to Orange, not an upgrade though...

yay, on hold now, should only be an hour or two before i get through to a droid!

Edit: 25 minutes later and it's ordered. I've got a little bit of experience writing reviews, does anyone think there's demand out there for more reviews of this phone?