Anybody tinkered with the C500 plugin yet??

Guest drblow

Well?? :shock:

Having had a quick look at the xml, it doesn't give away any clues at all. There are no recognisable xml tags to work with as far as I can tell, apart from the plugin height, but when I have tried to include it with other plugins, the selection gets all whacky & zany! :)

Does anybody know if it is using .inf files from somewhere? Or anywhere else we can find relevant info?

I can't do anything useful with it either.

All I actually want changed is the first slide out menu. I would remove contacts stuff (because its easily got to with the right soft key) and replace them with Profile and Alarm. This would make it near perfect in my opinion because I like the rest of it.

Guest RickDawson

I need to change the links on this homescreen too...

I've re-organised the start/progams menu and I believe some of the links on the homescreen point to some of these shortcuts, as some of them say they cannot find the shortcut.

Yup! Thats exactly whats happening! :x Using the C500 plugin the way it is means that you cannot move any of the apps used in the shortcuts - messaging, calendar, settings, internet explorer, call history.

Its quite a shame, since I was really looking forward to customising it. But messing with homescreens on the C500 so far has given me no end of grief. It doesn't seem to handle the e200 plugin at all. Even the one from Orange downloads freezes my phone up. So maybe the reason why it seem uncustomisable is coz the c500 homescreen can't handle it. :x

You can move any of the apps shortcuts out of the root of the start menu and still have the Orange plug-in shortcuts work................ with a slight cheat! Just COPY them to where you really want them and then just change the properties of the ones you don't want to see to HIDDEN. Voila - gone from the root but still accessible by the Orange plug-in. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Now that would be telling :lol:

I'm writing a little tutorial to go with it so all will be revealed...  here's a little (still early days) teaser tho :lol:

p.s. congratulations Doc and good to have you back :)

Any more progress mate on the homescreen your working on or a tutorial about modifying the c500 plugin :lol:

Guest crafty

Been working on something else lately so haven't made much progress. I might have a stab at getting something ready for release this weekend if i get a chance.

ok ill have a look for somthing

edit:That'll have to do for know ontil i find somthing better.

Will you be able to also show how you did the modifications to it aswell :wink: ,As ive tried to change the text size on the homescreen but with no luck only the colour :?

Been working on something else lately so haven't made much progress.  I might have a stab at getting something ready for release this weekend if i get a chance.

Any news yet crafty :)

Guest crafty

errr yeah.... ended up going away for the weekend but expect something soon... Finished a little homescreen, just need to do the tutorial thingy.