media player on c500 has "tss" sound every 10 secs

Guest joelb69

I can only hear the tsss when listening to movies or MP3's via headphones. When I listen to the same movies/MP3's via the phone speaker or via my Belkin  
I still don't hear it on my supplied headphones.

Has anbody tried any other headphones ?

Guest outofthisworld

Ok now how about installing a Qtek rom on the SPV C500 has anyone give it thought???

Then listening to mp3 with the new rom??

Posted from my SmartPhone!

I still don't hear it on my supplied headphones.

Has anbody tried any other headphones ?

I can hear the tsss on both my SPV headphones supplied with the phone and a set of better quality Sony headphones. I'm begining to wonder whether it's an issue with signal conditioning/amplification after the point at which sound is tapped off to the internal speaker. Seems strange that it is only evident from the headphone socket????????

Guest outofthisworld

Yeah it's so loud that it my damage any glass nearby!

No it ain't loud but it's there is you want to listen to it download

this file (it is a legal source )

http://www.superopera.com/mp3/debussy/r_cl...%20lune'_44.mp3

If you listen to rock of heavy metal you might not notice it unless you are very concentrated.

Try the link above it is classical music.

One more thing using a registry editor I tried editing the windows media player of the SPV C500 but

the tsss was still there.

Guest sparkisgti

well ive heard the Tss for the first time this morning.. and strangely only on one track i was listening to.. a U2 one.. could hear it as clear as day, but as soon as it went to the next track it was gone..

strange thing is all the tracks were ripped from the same original cd and at the same time.. maybe its to do with the compression of mp3 and the way the phone reads the data (if you get my meaning)

so id have to conclude its got nothing to do with the phone at all but the tracks your listening to..

Guest The Undefeated

Yeah i had that for i while really annoying, but it doesnt seem to do it anymore, not sure why, it might have something to do with the settings or something :?:

Guest outofthisworld

If it has to do with compression; than it is major flaw with windows mobile media player version 9

Hoping that version 10 will be released soon to test it.

Guest tmaniac

well...received my 3rd phone and first noticed the tss....(the other 2 had dead pixel problems)....it comes every 17 or 27 seconds.....anoying indeed ^_^

Guest ddieter

You know what gets to me the most!

The fact that the same audio files, which produce a 'Tss' noise on my new C500, play perfectly on my beatup, old, original SPV.

How can it be that a phone, which is supposed to be newer, better, faster has trouble playing files that the older, crappier, slower model plays perfectly?!? :evil:

If Orange doesn't sort something out for me soon, someone at the Orange shop is going to find out if the C500 makes a good suppository!!! :twisted:

Too bad to read the update doesn't fix our problem ^_^ If I find the time, I'm going to try if it's possible to eliminate or at least soften the TSS using the software equalizer in Betaplayer. After all the TSS is most obvious when playing back movies, at least that's where it annoys me the most. Perhaps it helps. Probably it won't :/

@outofthisworld:

I don't think we're dealing with a single bad batch of phones. My phone is Dutch and has it too. I think probably all of them do suffer from this bug, perhaps not everyone hears it or they simply don't care.

I can hear it on some tracks only. Particularly noticeable on classical music. I can only hear it through headphones, but it's just as bad on my new superduper Sennheiser noise cancelling headphones, which I plug in using a 3.5 to 2.5 mm adapter.

What a drag. ^_^

Isabelle

Guest outofthisworld

Dear phAn thank you for mail/information.

So it is not a batch then, but the hardware / software, anyone using MS smartphone 2003 with media player 9?

happening to have the same problem. If they do, then we are dealing with a problem of the codec.

If not, then I hate to say it but HTC has design a faulty Phone! Which is too bad. Because SPV 100 and 200

were had great sound quality!

Guest PinkPig
Yeah i had that for i while really annoying, but it doesnt seem to do it anymore, not sure why, it might have something to do with the settings or something :?:
This morning I tested a music file which I converted to *.wav format; it had no *tss*!!!

The same file in *.mp3 had the tss

That's very reassuring - two people with evidence that the noise depends on your file / settings / some sort of software problem. Hopefully this means that it's a software problem which could be fixed in a future update rather than a hardware fault.

Guest Microsoft

Could some one please test to reset ur C500. Do not install any programs just have ONE mp3 in ur mini sd. When you are done play in on WMP and see if it is there?! Becuse the phone (qtek8010) i tested in the store had no "tsss" (i guess)

Guest ddieter

I previously tried a hard reset to restore the phone to factory condition and played an mp3 before installing any other software....unfortunately the TSS was still there.

With this latest evidence in regards to no TSS on wav files, I'm beginning to agree with a previous post which pointed possible blame at the codec....it is obviously a decompression problem.

For this to be plausible though...that would have to mean that the C500 is using a different codec to that used in prior SPV versions of the phone (which as we all know, has no TSS).

I have no idea how to compare the codecs in the two phones....can anyone else do this?

Guest outofthisworld

Dear all,

I am sorry but I have to come back on my words, the tss is every where!!!!! ^_^ :D

In all formats. MP3, WAV ( I have not listened carrefully in the morning )

Another time I heard the same file again after work tonight, and it is there!! Even the biggest bad surprise, it is in midi files too!!

Download this file http://www.freesheetmusicplus.com/piano/ad...vmidi/clair.mid

open it with the FILE MANAGER it will play listen carrefully and even

it small sized midi files IT IS THERE TOO! :twisted: :twisted:

I am afraid this means it is a hardware problem :oops: :oops: :oops:

Unless we call orange daily no one will budge or do something. If there is something to be done! :?: :?:

Guest outofthisworld

Even if you download xrick dangerous, a platformer, in the intro there is the theme songs

it has tss on it, on divx on mpg on wav on midi and not to mention on mp3 format too.

The spv c500 has even dust problems! This is this phone is garbadge, mini SD, dust, and cheap

faulty soundboard.

Guest Confucious

Just to let you know - I have NO tss sound, no dust under my screen and none of the other problems people seem to be having with the phone.

I love my C500 ^_^

Guest outofthisworld

Well if you love that much you C500 then please buy some vaseline,

put it on vibrator mode and then place it

where you have too and let us all

unhappy with the YES tss sound call you!

Guest gcparris

I must admit I don't have any of these problems at all on my C500, but you all are getting a bit carried away. It's ONLY A MOBILE PHONE and it cost less than £100 ! Ok you can do loads of other stuff with it but it's hardly worth getting worked up about or losing sleep over!

You should try owning a TVR Tuscan. Then you have a valid reason to complain about silly little things not working correctly or at all (don't get me started!!)

Gareth.