Need Help - Plugin Background Image

Guest GammaRay

Guest GammaRay

I have a Samsung I-600 w/WM2003. I have been unable to get the profile plugin to accept a background image, regardless of where I insert the "bgimage="xxxx.gif" within the background element. Once I insert the bgimage attribute, the homescreen fails to load. It acts as if it will load, but never changes from the current homescreen.

First, will the standard profile plugin accept a background image?

Second, can someone who has done this successfully advise me on how to modify the standard plugin?

I'm looking to replace the word "profile" with an icon, to simplify the homescreen.

Any advice is greatly appreciated...

Below is the code from my Gant theme to supports a changing bgimage when selected. I hope that this is what you are after.

<plugin clsid="{95976968-45D5-40c9-9779-2B859B1C2FEC}" name="profile" height="20">

<background>

<format state="selected" bgimage="StorageApplication DataHomeGantProfile Selected.bmp"/>

</background>

<label halign="center"><text>Profile: <profile/></text></label>

</plugin>[/code]

The trick to background images that i have found is that you have to wrap them in a background tag and that bmp images seem to work better than any other formats.

Hope this helps :)

Guest GammaRay

Tried it...no cigar. In fact, I modified the language in the plugin to match yours exactly, except I increased the height just to make sure, and used a .bmp image that I know works.

I'm using an I-600 running WM2003. Do you suppose there is something in the OS that precludes using a bgimage for this particular plugin?

Guest GammaRay

I was able to get the background image to load into the plugin; however, my new problem is that I cannot get the bgimage to show as transparent. Instead, regardless of format (I'm using .gif), I get a white background behind the image...I've tried reducing the colors to as few as 5, and still I get a white background.

Any ideas?

Guest GammaRay

Thanks very much for taking a look at this...

Here's the XML:

As I mentioned, I can now get the homescreen to load successfully and display the bgimage in both selected and unselected states; however, I cannot get the image to display with a transparent background. The .gif file I am using is also attached. All I am trying to do is replace the word "profile" with a speaker icon to save room on my homescreen. Perhaps the format of the .gif file is incorrect somehow?

Thanks again for taking a look.

Audio.gif

Guest midnight

It doesnt support transparent images, but then, theres no need to, just draw the image using the same background as your homescreen. Also, all the homescreens ive done i always use JPG, there is no benefit using BMP.

Also, why would you want to use the icon in both selected and unselected states? If you want that then surely it would just be easier to draw that icon ionto your background image?

If you are trying to replace the word with an icon then you would need something like.....

<!-- Profile --> 

<plugin clsid="{95976968-45D5-40c9-9779-2B859B1C2FEC}" name="profile" height="20"> 

<background b-border-width="0"> 

<format state="unselected" halign="left" bgcolor="transparent"  bgimage="StorageApplication DataHomeIconsAudio.gif" />

</background>

<label>

<format state="selected" y="1" x="1" w="176" h="20" bgcolor="transparent" fgcolor="COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHTTEXT" />

<format state="unselected" y="1" x="-1" w="1" h="1" bgcolor="transparent" fgcolor="COLOR_HOMETEXT" /> 

<text x="20" y="1" w="156"><profile/></text> 

</label> 

</plugin>

Guest GammaRay

A screen shot of my current homescreen is attached. I put the same background in my .gif as in my main screen.

The reason I want the image visible in both unselected and selected states is that I want the image to move down when the plugin gets moved down on my screen. That wouldn't happen if it were static on the background image.

I have several different background images that I like to use, so not being able to have the icon background transparent makes it a little inconvenient to switch.

What would be required to make the plugin support transparency?

ssEnt.jpg