RSI risk from C500 joystick?

Guest strangechild

Guest strangechild

I spend 3 hours a day travelling to and from work on the train (don't ask - it's only for 3 months!).

I while away the journeys browsing offline websites on my C500.

I noticed over the past few days that my thumbs were getting more and more sore from the constant "clicking down" of the joystick.

Now I can't use my right thumb at all as it hurts way too much. I'm going to rest it for a few days and see how it goes.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Guest strangechild

Basically I backup the Avantgo channels or PDA versions of popular websites using WinHTTrack, drop them on to the memory card, and then create a Favourite in IE which links to the index page of the website on the card

(in the format:

file://Storage%20CardMy%20Web%20Sites... )

So anyway to drag this back OT - has anyone experienced RSI pain from the C500 scroll button..?

i think you are using a thumb musscle you almost never used, so u used it alot right now and it get hurt becuase it got over hours to work, i also got that when is first played on those console joysticks and it also whas my thum and after few days it whas away.

Guest Disco Stu

I'm no expert, but you can get RSI from any prolonged phone use.

On a couple of occasions I've had aches myself from over-playing games on my E200. Thing is, like yourself I imagine, you'll have your hand wrapped around a mouse when you've not got the phone in it. Both times your hand is formed into an un-natural shape. (What you have in your hand when you get home is not my concern :wink: )

You need to work out a way of giving your hand a rest.

Get into Smartphone videos I reckon. :)

Guest barrybryce

I've not foiund the C500 wrose than any other phone. It's possibly an easier phone to over-do it with than some though - so nice!...

(You wouldn't have had any problem with the original SPV - battery wouldn't have lasted long enough to get RSI!)