SDA Music officially Announced - Picture!

Guest plantagoo

Guest MaximilianWeisheit
"]The Feeler is technically the same as the Typhoon, so maybe renaming that area would be best?

P

I dont know but I think it would be confusing. And HTC gave it a new name too. thus???

HTC Typhoon (C500 / QTek 8010 / i-mate SP3)

HTC Feelers (SDA / QTek 8020 / i-mate SP3i)

just an opinion. :idea:

Guest nickcornaglia

Instead of those music buttons they should put a joystick in the middle of a directional pad.

The pad (MPx200 Type) could be:

Up = Play

Left = Rev

Right = Fwd

Down = Pause/Stop

Then the joystick (e200 type) would be in the middle of that pad!

Guest dearsina

If they are all the same (C500 and the two SDAs), presumably they can all be unlocked by the imei-check guys?

Oh and have you noticed; as usual, Microsoft product generation 3+ is finally up to scratch. The E100 & 200 seem to have just been betas, now that MS have a functional platform they are pushing it to all the vendors. The MS mobile platform is becoming more interesting by the day.

Good luck Symbian.

sina

london

Guest Dark Horse

Personally, I don't see the point of this new "music enabled" phone if all you get is Windows Media player to play MP3's. And why should I have to go out and buy or install another MP3 player for my music-enabled smartphone?

The Nokia's and Symbian's of this world still have the edge when it comes to MP3 playback. I don't care whether Windows Media Player handles twenty different flavours of video, has full screen playback, more skins than a Red Indian convention and could interface with a wheelbarrow to download music if it so wished, its all very simple: we want decent playlists, decent controls and decent playback.

For me, the SL45 is still the MP3 Mobile King.

Guest mattscholey

I like the Music one a lot. Like the design, but would be better once the T-mobile skin has been removed. Love the music buttons - with a big storage card and good software (surely it will have decent MP3 software by now) this could well make my iPod redundant.

Will it be coming to Orange UK?

Matt

Here are some size comparisons.

SP3i: (taken from i-Mate spec sheet)

107,5 x 44,5 x 18mm = 86,1ccm

SDA: (Taken from Smartphone-Web)

108 x 47 x 20mm = 101,52ccm

C500: (taken from Orange DK-site)

108 x 46 x 16mm = 79,5ccm

Guest Leaskovski
@mattscholey

No, not this one.

SPV C600 will be similar as i-mate SP3i

The vodafone version too.

Well hello there! Looks like not being able to get the c500 might turn out a good one after all!

Seen as i have to wait until November for my free upgrade due to having to wait for my change in tarriff to occur, i might get this, if it isn't BS!

Are these SDAs in English too? Is the joystick 8 ways, and when will it be launched?

Hmm, I'm becoming seriously interested... Wonder if Orange plans to launch one like that.

Guest Pagemakers
Here are some size comparisons.

C500: (taken from Orange DK-site)  

108 x 46 x 16mm = 79,5ccm

Thanks. The SDA's a fair bit fatter then.

The more I look at photos of the SDA Music and SDA, the more i feel the SDA screen is of better quality than the Music version...

They are supposed to be the same..but it sure does not look like it. Can't we use the SDA to play mp3's to by the way?

Guest MaximilianWeisheit

Well we know 20 mm is at the border of carrying it in the jeans pocket! (I carry my SPV; 22mm thick; in my pocket and I am trying to reduce the brick feeling).

The question is: WHY is it 20mm!

The i-mate sp3i and the SDA are supposed to be from the same model. So if T-mobile didn't pack in a bigger battery or an extra 007 spy kit then it shouldn't be bigger/thicker.

Can somebody confirm any information on that topic?

Anybody got an i-mate sp3i AND an T-mobile SDA, so they can tell us what the extra space is used for!?

Side comparison would be nice!

we gotta get to the bottom of this. ,-)

Who cares WHY!!!??

There's nothing we can do about it anyway. If it is some amazing reason that is responsible for the extra 3 mm or so, I think we would have seen it on top of the fact sheet! It's still puzzling that they have made it thicker than the other phones that is supposed to be the same. But as long as it's smaller than E200/qtek8080, HTC seem's to think they have already done us a favor.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.