Orange Deal - Is this good?

Guest aatari

Hey all..

Looking at getting the C500 however the Orange store at Putney was out of stock :lol:

Finally met a staff member who new their thumb from their ass and was able to answer some questions for me. They will match online deals however double mins and text is not available if they match an offer.

I am going to:

1. recommend a friend: get £50

2. trade in an old phone: get £50 (Dont have one yet, but was told I have up to two months to bring it in after I purchase the contract - so Ill buy a piece of crap nokia off ebay and take it in later - I think the 3210's are like £5..PM me if you want to sell me your piece of junk)

3. Get the Plan 120 + 250 txts - I was thinking about getting the 120min+60 txts + 1mb GPRS + 1 java game but dunno yet.

4. Add on Orange World Access 4mb - £4 (this allows me to surf any site correct and not just the orange portal - correct?)

5. Add on Orange Care

6. Get my free case (as advertised :))

How much would 4mb GPRS get me? In all honesty, I would be using the C500 for offline browsing and the occasional email check. It says something like 1mb = 160 web pages but that sounds like crap to me.

Can you check how much GPRS you've run up, or atleast is there a third party program that keeps tabs on it?

What are the downloadable java games like - are they crap compared to handandgo and stuff like that?

Is there anything else I can do to be even more tight and save money? lol :lol:

Would like to hear your opinion...now the Putney branch just needs stock.

- A

Guest Phil Lee

To answer one of your questions, you can use Traffic Counter SPE from http://www.all-locations.com to monitor your GPRS traffic. Orange World Access 4Mb gives you access to the whole net, not just Orange World. You do have to be careful what pages you visit though. I've posted my favourites folder in another post with a whole load of Smartphone friendly websites.

Hi,

Just to let you know, i got my c500 last week and the orange shop assistant said that they stopped accepting trade-in's since 1st September.

I guess i'm going to have to sell my old one on ebay! - although the C500 died after two days of usage so i had to take it back and exchanged it, i'll keep the old one for a little longer just in case for backup!!

Hi,  

Just to let you know, i got my c500 last week and the orange shop assistant said that they stopped accepting trade-in's since 1st September.  

I guess i'm going to have to sell my old one on ebay! - although the C500 died after two days of usage so i had to take it back and exchanged it, i'll keep the old one for a little longer just in case for backup!!

Well I was there this morning...and they still had the "£50 when you join Orange" poster up...I said how does that work to which he replied, you get that when you trade in your old phone... the fact I've got two months to find a piece of junk that turns on (doesn't need charger, box or manual) is great...but now that you've said that, I'll get the dude to write it down for me to ensure peace of mind.

- a

I got mine - £50 trade in last week.

I got

200 X-net minutes

500 texts

£30 pcm

not added on a GPRS bundle yet, but its a great deal if you talk corss network and like texting.