CityTime Alarms - Beta Testers Wanted...

Guest kennyg

Guest lukeap69

guys,

if you want to use sounds from your storage card (if you are using SP2002), just set the alarm sound to "Default" and change the following in the registry:

HKCU->Software->CodeCity->CityAlarm

Press Values, then Sound and change the Value Data to where your sound is stored:

Example: Storage CardMy DocumentsSound.wav

i have tried it & it worked.

regards,

lukeap

Hey Kenny, just dowonloaded on my e200.  So far very nice.  I see it's only 15 day trial.  What do i do after that if i want to keep it?

I will post an update before then.

Kenny.

I've talked to a few other smartphone developers I know and I'm working on a fix, it might have something to do with API calls that are protected under 2003 SE that were not under 2002/2003. I'm working on it and should hopefully have an updated beta VERY soon.

Excellent news.  Wouldn't happen to the same problem with TomTom's Mobile GPS solution would it, that runs on the E200 but not the C500?!

Could be, the only difference seems to be the WM 2003 v WM 2003SE

Especially if both devices are Orange.

Guest lukeap69

kennyg,

just a suggestion, how about an option that lets you select which days of the weekdays the alarm should be set to. Example, Tuesday & Thursday only or Tuesday to Friday because Most of the times you have to wake up early on Mondays (due to heavy traffic jam).

Suggestion only.

regards,

lukeap

kennyg,

just a suggestion, how about an option that lets you select which days of the weekdays the alarm should be set to. Example, Tuesday & Thursday only or Tuesday to Friday because Most of the times you have to wake up early on Mondays (due to heavy traffic jam).

Suggestion only.

regards,

lukeap

It is already in the Beta, look at the options for alarms in the Repeat section. Change to "Daily" and select whichevet days you want the alarm to sound.

Guest mavisdavis

The options for setting alarms is amazing I've been trying to catch this this out but had no joy at all.

Kenny you thought about passing this on to Orange and say " Hey this is how it should be done be done :) "

Guest lukeap69
It is already in the Beta, look at the options for alarms in the Repeat section.  Change to "Daily" and select whichevet days you want the alarm to sound.

yes, but you have to set more alarms. how about if 1 alarm from tuesday to friday rather than making 4 alarms with the same details.

regards,

lukeap

I just installed it and it worked fine on my C500.

:shock: Eh? How? The author has stated there is a problem installing on WM2003SE devices?? Is there a new version available?? :shock:

Guest chucky.egg

Just tried to install this on my C500, but it just loops the installation again and again until I get bored and cancel it

Looks like a useful app, will be interested if a C500-compatible version comes out

Guest Charlie Mouse

I just downloaded the .exe file from the first page and ran it. I installed it to my phone and it works fine.

I'm using a software-unlocked Orange C500 if that makes any difference.

I haven't tested it on the C500 (I only have an SPV, SPV100 and MPX200). I assumed (insert joke here), that there was a problem with the C500 since a number of folks couldn't install it.

Let me ask you who couldn't install:

- Did you try SD install first or second?

- How much memory do you have on your devices on the card or on the phone?

- Anything you can think of? Maybe reset the phone and try install again? I'll continue to look into the issue, I am tested a new version now.

Kenny.

I tried both SD card install first, and phone install first - didn't make any difference. I have 20MB storage on the phone, & about 10MB on storage card.

Hope you can get this working for us, coz I really need to wake up in the mornings!! :)

Let me ask you who couldn't install:

- Did you try SD install first or second?

- How much memory do you have on your devices on the card or on the phone?

- Anything you can think of?  Maybe reset the phone and try install again?

Tried SD first and then Phone then SD then Phone etc etc. Soft-reset the phone and got the same.

Got ~5Mb free on the phone and 160Mb free on the storage card.

kennyg:

I sent a list of bugs in an email (I didnt know we were to post here). I'll copy the email here when I get home.

great app!

I didn't either, it just sort of happened, but that's ok as long as MoDaCo doesn't mind...

I got your list of bugs, and I'll mention them here so people are aware of them...

1) It asks for a reg code....but it did take the Citytime reg code. D

Too much cut and paste, fixed in the next Beta.

2) When selecting the alarm wav file, it does not end when you go to the next selection. You need to say done and go back in.
Looking into this one, it used to behave itself...

3) When selecting Relative To....once you navigate off of Current Location....you cant go back to it when scrolling. You have to click and pick from the list.

Fixed in next Beta.

4) After an alarm is dismissed...why does it count up past the alrarm time? Shouldnt it cont down until the next alarm time? I have it set to Daily.
It will count backwards (past the time) until it is dismissed, it should go to the next once it is dismissed, the notifty windows and the GUI are actually seperate instances of the app, the GUI should notice the alarm was dismissed and stop, this is the intended behaviour if it has not yet been dismissed, that is to show the amount of time past the alarm.

5) A homescreen plugin would be cool for this as well! :lol:

Next version, those tend to be a lot of work. :)

6) A fullscreen clock when docked feature would be cool as well! :lol:
Also, looking into this for next version...

7) When using the countdown timer, after dismissing, only part of the item in the alarm list is highlighted. (the length of the text). You need to scroll off then back on for it to highlight the whole item row.

Fixed in next beta.

Thanks!

Kenny.