CityTime Alarms - Beta Testers Wanted...

Guest kennyg

Guest I. C. Monsters

I'm sorry about this Kenny, I have a problem with beta 8. 7 was working fine for me on my C500. I upgraded to beta 8 as any good beta tester would. After upgrading, I recreated my alarms to be certain, and guess what, they haven't yet gone off. What all about?

Kenny,

while saving an alarm, the following error message shows up:

"Windows message (0x111) for window (0x5c0970) terminated abnormally by an exception (The thread attempted to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have appropriate access.)!"

If I click OK the alarm is listed but never runs.

I have a MPx200 with SP2002. And Beta8 (the error shows since Beta5 and did not with Beta2).

Regards,

-Gerd

1.I have told you so many times.

You cannot put any TTF files into StorageWindowsFonts

when using SmartPhone 2003, otherwise the windows system will crash.

2.May I ask you a question? Is CityTimeSp.ARM.CAB SmartPhone

(map version) free ? It cannot be registered now.

Thanks a lot. Kennyg.

I did not understand this from your previous posts. All versions and emulators for Smartphone 2003 and 2003 SE that I have used do not have a problem with fonts. What phone are you using and what is the primary langauge is your phone using? I will create a non-font version of the app if that is the case. I do however need to report this to Microsoft.

2.May I ask you a question? Is CityTimeSp.ARM.CAB SmartPhone

(map version) free ? It cannot be registered now.

Thanks a lot. Kennyg.

It is not free, but you should be able to register it if you purchase a registration code. You can purchase this code from Handango.com or Smartphone.net. The application you are referencing is a different application.

Thanks and sorry for the confusion.

Kenny.

That's not true. I have fonts in StorageWindowsFonts on my SP2003 phone (C500) and it doesn't cause it to crash.

@kenny

One small bug - when upgrading, the alarm file location setting is forgotten and has to be re-selected.

^_^ :D

After I install CityTimeSp.ARM.CAB for SmartPhone 2003,

Select Appointment --> Filght and Appointment --> Appointment.

My cell phone crashed.

Kennyg, Thanks.

@sound

This has already been pointed out to you before: this thread is about CityTime Alarms. Please post in a new thread. Thanks.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest trumpetpants

I've noticed why my alarms don't go off, even with the latest beta.

If I set an alarm for the week to go off at a certain time every day, say 6:30am that alarm sounds at that time with no problems. But if I then edit that alarm and change the time, to say 7:00am it then won't sound.....

@Kenny

Still working well here, on my C500. I have one feature request:

It's regarding the dismiss early option; Given that either an alarm that is currently being snoozed or any future alarm can be dismissed, I think it would be a good idea to add an 'Are you sure you wish to dismiss alarm at on ?' dialogue box. This would prevent the accidental dismissing of the wrong alarm.

fozzie

Fozzie - what version are you using?  The last beta 8 wont work at all on my c500.

Beta 8.

I've not put on the OS update and won't be for a while, from reading various other threads posts!

Guest I. C. Monsters

My latest bug update:

I've updated my C500 with the new ROM. Using beta 8.

If I leave an alarm to go off without dismissing or snoozing, it will eventually stop sounding, but continually vibrate, even after the alarm is dismissed. It can only be stopped by removing the battery.

Sorry if this is giving you a headache Kenny. I'm happy to pretend it's not happening if it make life easier for you.

Kenny,

I installed v8 a few days ago on my C500. I've had no problems at all. I've been able to add new alarms and timers as well as edit existing ones. They've all gone off as they should and snoozed etc...

I don't have the C500 upgrade installed.

Thanks,

Isabelle

My latest bug update:

I've updated my C500 with the new ROM. Using beta 8.

If I leave an alarm to go off without dismissing or snoozing, it will eventually stop sounding, but continually vibrate, even after the alarm is dismissed. It can only be stopped by removing the battery.

Good report, I can actually reproduce this one!! Should have a fix by the end of the day...

Sorry if this is giving you a headache Kenny. I'm happy to pretend it's not happening if it make life easier for you.

No, don't do that, I might whine a bit but better here than in production!

On that note, I think I have found something in the date having to do with saving changes to an alarm and setting the alarm time, they are done in seperate steps, but saving mught be effecting the setting the time to go off, hopefully will incorparate a change tonight for those interested!

Kenny.

Kenny,

I installed beta 8 on my i600  and my alarms did not in off.  Just thought I would let you know.  

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Kenny,

Once I went into the alarms and edited them, they are working. I guess I have to edit my alarms (or recreate them) after an upgrade.