Final Rom Opinion!

Guest petermatheson1

Guest petermatheson1

Opinions here...Out of all the roms available for the E200 / 02 XPhone / Qtek 8080, Which is the best?

Ones I know of are Imate, O2's Xphone, Oranges Rom....+ any others?

Would like to know your opinions of which are better and why...since I have been having lots of problems with my e200 rom. Battery life cuts in / out, hard reset...can't txt half of my contacts, camera's dodgy, Bluetooths worse than first time.

Opinions please people! What Rom would you recommend to everyone else to use?

Pete

Hi,

I found the imate rom to be the best. My only issue is getting the mms composer to work on the swiss orange network. As soon as I figure ît out, Ill go back to the imate rom. Using the 2.7.5.1 at the moment, which isn't too bad - good audio and battery.

I have the Orange standard 2.7.1.1 rom and its developed an interesting little feature - in the middle of writing a text message, if you need either a g, h, i or a 4 the key seems to stick down and won't stop spinning through the 4 characters.

I figured it was a hardware fault but speaking to SPV directly they said there's been lots of faults logged exactly the same (on the same key) and it therefore must be a software issue.

If you have an E200 on an older rom and are thinking of upgrading it, I'd avoid 2.7.1.1 if you use text much.

This phone has been more trouble than its worth.

Guest zerosignull
I have the Orange standard 2.7.1.1 rom and its developed an interesting little feature - in the middle of writing a text message, if you need either a g, h, i or a 4 the key seems to stick down and won't stop spinning through the 4 characters.

I figured it was a hardware fault but speaking to SPV directly they said there's been lots of faults logged exactly the same (on the same key) and it therefore must be a software issue.

If you have an E200 on an older rom and are thinking of upgrading it, I'd avoid 2.7.1.1 if you use text much.

This phone has been more trouble than its worth.

acttually that meens yur phone is broke. happens to a lot of peaople.

acttually that meens yur phone is broke. happens to a lot of peaople.

I presume you mean its a hardware fault (its obviously broken - its hardly a design feature!).

The guy I spoke to in HTC support admitted its a software thing. So my guess is its yet another bug.

I presume you mean its a hardware fault (its obviously broken - its hardly a design feature!).

The guy I spoke to in HTC support admitted its a software thing. So my guess is its yet another bug.

Don't agree mate, I've heard of the fault but only a few people are having it. If anything I'd suggest it's a hardware fault the E200 design is PRONE to. Not an inherent fault.

Yeah, it always seems to be 4. Still, there's been alot of conjecture about it on here. Most people seemed to conclude it was a problem related to the case. Just glad my E200 doesn't have it. Although just today I've been annoyed to find right on my joypad tends to produce an up movement! (it's making Worms difficult!)

Yeah, mine has a few keypad issues ... joystick down often makes it go right, back/delete key often sticks deleting a whole text message instead of one character, and some of the other buttons stick now and again.

Orange Care replacement is coming tonight. :-)

Guest skyfox01_99

I have an E200 with the latest XPhone ROM (it's on O2 anyway :wink: ) and so far it's the best ROM I've used. The general speed improvements are fantastic and the addition of that 'Input Selector' menu was an excellent idea.