SIM unlock your C500 /AudioVOX (£20 cost)

Guest florin_m

Guest zippy172
Is there not an option that i can pay with my creditcard, and not by paypal ?

PayPal accept Visa, Mastercard amongst many others, including a few debit cards too....

Besides, £20 for this service is a shocking amount of cash for the work involved...

Guest Confucious

Besides, £20 for this service is a shocking amount of cash for the work

involved...

I think it was a bargain - it's not like with Nokias where anyone can just use a DCT4 calculator which is widly available (and therefore cheap).

Florin_m put in a lot of work to do something which no-one else has done and has come up with a solution and I, for one, think it was worth the £20.

Guest Jumbalow

Hello, I've paid for unlock my c500 today at 05:00 pm but yet i haven't any answer. :cry:

Could you tel me how long it take?

Paypal had recieve de paiement and MIGsofT to (i verified on my account)

Yours, sincerily

Guest Confucious

IIRC when you pay it takes you straight through to the page to download your code. I did this then unlocked my phone which took less than 5 minutes and when I'd done I checked my email and the code was in my inbox as well.

It sounds like something has gone wrong. Email them and I'm sure they will sort it out

Good luck.

Guest dandyrandy

I'm having a little problem with the unlock website - it doesn't seem to like the IMEI of the Audiovox SMT 5600 (C500 equivalent) I bought from ATT Wireless. After entering the IMEI and clicking the 'continue' button, the page reloads and the IMEI label turns red, which I assume indicates a problem with the value in the IMEI field.

I've emailed the support folks, but they appear to be sleeping right now - anyone around here seen or read anything about this?

Many thanks...

==

Randy

Randy, fyi, I'm having trouble with my unlock for the Audiovox. The website worked fine, but unlocking resulted in the phone hanging (kind of) on a screen that said "data crashes--call service center".

The unlock guys worked with me to reflash my phone to an imate firmware image, and now it is unlcked, but won't find a network. I get the status "denied, searching...". They are working on it.

So you might want to wait until they get back to you before trying this.

Guest dandyrandy

From the support team:

Hello,

Just now we discovered that is a small difference bettween the two phones and we removed the imei range for AudioVox till we'll come with a 100% safe solution. Please visit us again in 3 days. It should be fixed by then.

Regards,

IMEI-CHECK Team

Interesting...

Guest dandyrandy
BTW, the IMEI-CHECK guys have been great in resolving the issue with unlocking my Audiovox.  It is up and running, unlocked.

Cool! That means they're close to a solution - can't wait!

==

Randy

Guest dandyrandy

I thiunk he wanted to know the cost:

Unlocker Key for GBP 20.00 (apx. EUR 30.00 / USD 36.00)

So Florin, what's the progress? I bought this phone on the strength of your assurance that you could unlock it. I know it isn't your problem, but I really want to start using this phone, and the three days are up!

What's happening?!?

Guest aristoBrat

You're not the only person waiting for this, so please don't chide Florin with stuff like "the three days are up".

I don't recall this being his full time job, so just be thankful that he's decided to work on the challenge. It's doesn't appear than anyone else is.

It'll be up when it's up... ^_^

Guest phonemag

Hi florin_m,

We just got two Audiovox SMT 6500 in today. Would you please provide an update as to the status of the unlock for this model?

Thanks a million!

Guest rctempire

Ive always wondered how this florin_m got the software to unlock the SPVs? IS this software free or is it really just that he hacked the phone to get the unlock keys to work? Ive always wondered as you can get nokia ones online for free so i just wondered how he does it. Any ideas?

Guest aristoBrat
Ive always wondered how this florin_m got the software to unlock the SPVs? IS this software free or is it really just that he hacked the phone to get the unlock keys to work? Ive always wondered as you can get nokia ones online for free so i just wondered how he does it. Any ideas?

He's a genius. ^_^

Do a Google for C500 unlock and see how little information is out there, unlike Nokia unlock. There's no "free program" floating around...

Guest adkalra

Florin,

I know you don't want anyone to e-mail you reguarding the Audiovox 5600. I was hoping that you might be able to post something here regarding your progress and a general time line. Speaking for all the audiovox 5600 owners, we thank you for your effort in this endeavor. Unfortunately, I don't have a phone until the audiovox gets unlocked, so I might be the most anxiously awaiting.

Thanks for your help,

Amit

Waiting for the unlock has driven me insane :? I've been checking here and florin's site way to many times. I'm sure I'm not the only one. So to help others with my condition, I've created a yahoo group for the day that the 5600 becomes unlockable. I will send out an email notifying all members. You can join the group here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/unlockthe5600today/

I ask all those who join, do not to send any emails to the group. I soley want to use this once to notify everyone that the unlock happens. After the big event, I will close the group.

Guest florin_m

Still working on it. Just now we can unlock it, but users need to flash it with orange firmware, otherwise the phone will say "Data corruption". Flashing with Orange firmware you'll lose WMP10, and 850 MHZ radio (you'll have 900 MHZ instead). If you are DESPERATE to unlock it in this way just let me know, but I suggest to have wait few more days (1-2weeks maybe), till a simple solution is ready. We are working daily on it and as soon is done the modaco forum will have it in news section.