SIM unlock your C500 /AudioVOX (£20 cost)

Guest florin_m

It worked for me...twice :lol: I bought one from ATT, got it home and found a dead pixel after I had unlocked it. Had to exchange it and buy another unlock code, but it's worth it. Now to find Cingular's settings...

Hello Florin,

I just received my C500 from the UK. I live in belgium and would like to unlock it.

Unfortunately I can't read my IMEI.

- There is nothing related to IMEI under the battery

- I can't boot the phone as it says that my SIM card is locked...so I can't type the command to get the IMEI...

What is the solution ???

Thanks for your "quick" answer

Guest calvinmod

Can some one plse tell me, after the unlock, the phone is exactly (on functions) same as SIM lock free iMate SP3 and can be used in any country's SIM ? And After unlock, can I still use the Orange upgrades? many thanks.

Guest apexi350z

Yep, never read the IMEI number from the box, since I input the number from the wrong box, so I got the key for a defective phone... bummer... I had to pay again to get the unlock code for the right phone...

Guest Confucious
Yep, never read the IMEI number from the box, since I input the number from the wrong box, so I got the key for a defective phone... bummer... I had to pay again to get the unlock code for the right phone...

Now all you've got to do is find the person who has the phone from the box who's number you used and tell them you can unlock their phone for *Only* £25

If they don't read MoDaCo, who knows, they might even fall for it :lol:

Guest rdefranx2

I unlocked my Audiovox SMT5600 with Florin system and it worked like a charm. I put another sim that is not in service and it looks to be ok, did not ask for any unlock code. I will be using the phone in my country (Dominican Republic) for a week, I am leaving Wednesday, with a sim card that I have there for a local phone. I hope it will work well.

Guest chenyichung

sorry if this is a dumb question, just wanna make sure, if i do this unlocking thingy to my 5600, all i'll be loosing is MP10? everything else will look and work the same?

also, i hear the term ROM a lot, what's that?

thanks in advance.

-Yi Chen

Guest Confucious

Unlocking your phone changes NOTHING except the lock that stops you using other networks, you will not lose WMP10 or anything, the only difference will be that you can use another network's SIM in your phone.

ROM is Read Only Memory which is where theoperating system and some programs are stored.

HTH

Guest chenyichung

so how come people keep talkin' bout' loosing WMP10 if they unlock their Audiovox 5600s???

so if i unlock my 5600 using that website given, nothing about my phone will be changed, only the fact that i can use other network sim cards like cingular?

-Yi Chen

Guest Confucious

When the 5600 could not be unlocked you could flash with the C500 ROM which meant it could be unlocked but you lost WMP10. The problems have now been resolved and the 5600 can be unlocked.

Guest chenyichung

so i should just follow the website and pay the $36 or whatever, and my 5600 will be unlocked with no changes other than the fact that it will be able to be used with Cingular or any other network in any country?

Guest Confucious

With the proviso that your phone supports the frequency. The C500 supports 900 1800 and 1900 the 5600 (I believe) supports 850 1800 and 1900 so you can't use amn unlocked C500 on a network that omnly supports 850 or vice versa but other than ythat the answer is yes.

Guest chenyichung

hey guys,

thanks for all the help. I did the unlock, just slipped in my friend's cingular sim card and it works. the "310410" that displays instead of "cingular" is kinda annoying. Heard you can change it by doing some registry thing, but i have no idea how to do that. Also, i head that after time, it'll start saying Cingular automatically.

Now, about the stuff you have to change for the DATA functions on Cingular network, i don't have to touch any of that if i'm not planning on using Cingulars data services correct?

-Yi Chen

Guest kst1973

I am considering buying a C500, and would like to sim unlock it. I have an original SPV, so was somewhat surprised that you have to pay some company to do this. Is there a free unlock available?

Guest Confucious

If there was a free unlock available do you think we would pay? It is a completely diferent method of SIM locking and the ONLY person to have cracked it is florin_m. You either pay or stick with an older phone - the choice is yours.

Guest varungupta12001

I just bought a SMT 5600 from Amazon for ATT. I want to unlock it and use the phone in India when i travel there (i live there) every vacation from college. From what i understand, first i need to unlock the phone using site advertised here.

Now my problem is that, it seems that India (like the UK) uses 900 whereas in the US we use 850. Is there any way i can switch?

Also, if I use the Orange ROM flash - will i be loosing the WMP 10 - i might just flash the phone - unlock it - and sell it in India and come back and buy another one - make a quick packet - smart phones are only slowly hitting Indian markets.

Any ideas what the best plan is?

Guest flywest

Anyone know if Florin is working on anything to transfer windows media player 10 onto the sp3 or sp3i???? Or maybe when htc is going to release an update for Windows media player 10???