SIM unlock your C500 /AudioVOX (£20 cost)

Guest florin_m

Guest awarner [MVP]
Now my problem is that,  it seems that India (like the UK) uses 900 whereas in the US we use 850. Is there any way i can switch?  

Also, if I use the Orange ROM flash  -  will i be loosing the WMP 10 -  i might just flash the phone - unlock it - and sell it in India and come back and buy another one - make a quick packet - smart phones are only slowly hitting Indian markets.  

Any ideas what the best plan is?

The UK uses 900 and 1800 band. Also not all networks in the US use the 850 band.

The phone is triband and not quad band like the new Motorols MPX220 so there is no way to enable your phone to have the 850 band.

As for flashing to Orange why? you can unlock it as it is now without the need to flash the phone.

Guest awarner [MVP]
Or maybe when htc is going to release an update for Windows media player 10???

It's not up to HTC to release wmp10 it's a network operators choice.

Apparently I-Mate will be the next company to release a wmp10 update

but you can only get it if your IMEI is registered on their site, ie I-Mate owners only.

Guest jeanpagne

What i really would like to know if it is possible to remove the simlock from the T-mobile SDA with this same technique. Since the C500 and SDA are "relatives" of each other. If not ... can we expect this to happen in the future ?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest shodanjr_gr

Excellent service guys. Bought the code via paypal. Arrived in my mailbox in under 30 secs. I installed activesynch, pluged in the phone while booting to the 3color screen. Ran your software. Unlocked.

Less than 5 min.

Excellent service all in all, good job guys.

I dont suppose you can come up with a fix for the tss tss problem :)

Guest Mowbli

Hey Guys - i am thinking of getting the SPV C500 on Orange....but I also want to use other Sim cards...

Havent tried the unlocker yet...but can you get it done direct from Orange instead?

Thanks in Advance. :)

PS: I m sorry if this has already been answered..but the http://www.modaco.com/search.php>Search link doesnt load at the moment for some reason.

Edited by Mowbli

Guest squall

you can have the c500 unlocked through orange but it costs £20 and you have to pay off all your contract before doing it

Im not sure if orange will sim unlock a p&g phone

Guest Mowbli

Nomally with PAYG you can get it unlocked immediately with Orange which the SPV C500 can be brought on....but dont they just give you like an unlocked code to input in the handset.?..by what i see here.. it seems a bit more complicated.

Guest squall

orange will just give you an unlock code, but as i say you need to pay for it on contract phones

THe imei site is easy enough to follow if you read the instructions

Surely there is a free way to unlock your phone? I don't want to sound like a cheapskate but I've never had to pay to unlock my phone in the past.

It was free to unlock my E200 for example.

Thanks

£20 isn't to bad even if it doesn't seem right being charged for something that should come as standard in the first place. I hate Orange's practise of locking their phones.

Guest Mowbli

Seriously..in the whole of the internet..there is no free way...? :(

£300 for the imate SP3, which i think is unlocked and free of Orange branding.

or nearly half the price; Orange SPV C500 and another £20 to get it unlocked..

Stupid Orange...I d rather spend the £20 on a memory card though...

hmmm..tough choice.

:(

:)

Edited by Mowbli

Guest shodanjr_gr

I dotn think that orange can unlock Pay as you Go phones. When i bought mine, the guy at the shop told me they should unlock it and gave me a shop name and address i should go to in order to get mym C500 unlocked. But the store said that "|They didnt have the software yet to do it". Thank God for c500-unlock.com :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dancleary1
Works like a charm ! Thanks.

Orange SPV C500 NL

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First post on the forums, seems a friendly place 8)

Just to say the phone unlock worked a treat on my C500

Dan

Just to say the phone unlock worked a treat on my C500.

I have since also unlocked the software as well and have been messing about with it.

Great little phone and i don't £20 is to much to have it unlocked.

Raj

Just to say the phone unlock worked a treat on my C500.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now, did you have to re-install the software and data? Were the settings preserved?

Thanks,

W.

some fast questions... SIM LOCK ? what is this... is it like.. i have bought it locked to a vodafone 12month bill.. and want to use another opwerator like Telia or Comviq becouse they have cheaper price. does SIM unlock unlock the vodafone hatch on my phone so i can use other cards? am i geting the right ??

--------------------------

Next: Does this work with Qtek 8010 in sweden.. becouse then i can buy the phone for nearly nothing and still use my old number and network.

Guest briansmad

i called orange and asked how much they charge to unlock the handset and they said £20 to but you keep warranty if you get unlocked else where warranty is void for not following manufactures operating instructions. Is this correct and surly a NON legitimate unlock should be cheaper.

Hi all,

Sorry to jump in but i have an old problem posted here but I couldn't find an answer.. or the answers given were of no use

So... I don't need a SIM unlock... I need an application unlock... I get frustrated every time I download a homescreen CAB and when trying to install I got that message saying it does not have enough rights or security certificate is missing (don't remember exactly... something like that)

That link to OTA is not working for my C500. Also the picture on the site is from an older SPV not c500. And I live in Romania not UK...

So the question is :

Is there any way to app. unlock my c500?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Many thanks