E200 Orange Plug-in Default Icon File?

Guest NickB&SPV

Guest NickB&SPV

Hi,

Could someone tell me what the name of the icon resource file for the default top icons on the orange homescreen plug-in is called? I have the ResHack app but can't find the file to open. Tried to copy a .dll file across to my PC from Windows folder but it won't do it. I have OTA unlocked the phone.

Thanks in advance.

Nick B. :?

Windows3orangeh.dll

Not sure how to copy it off of the phone - what are you trying to do with the icons? If you just want to use them as templates and then edit them then you could use screen grabs to get them as images and then convert them to icons.

Guest NickB&SPV

Hi Crafty,

I wanted to change the colour of them slightly to match the C500 icons. I will try the method you have suggested. Could I not use the same method as you did to create the C500 icons app for the E200?

Thanks,

Nick B. :)

I made the C500 icons for the E200 by using screen grabs from Paul's C500 review. Have u got a C500 then? if so u could grab the file 4orangeh.dll from windows which it seems to let you copy off of the phone which also contains the E200 icons.

Hope this helps!

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest NickB&SPV

Hi,

I used the method that you suggested and it worked fine. I have not got a C500 but liked the Orange E200 homescreen with the C500 icons that you did, I just wanted to add a couple of the E200 icons after the C500 icons on the homescreen with the option of th Bluetooth toggle etc. Funny how you can copy a .dll file from Windows on a C500 but not a E200.

Thanks for your reply,

NickB :)