C500 Black, how to remove theorange logo?

Guest dvl

CIF is an abraisive liquid people use in the kitchen to clean stuff, it is kinda rougher then displex. The stuff your mum uses to clean the pots (not the metal wool like thingy haha)

Greetz

DvL

sugar? yeah right LOL

Guest BigBlue007
can you show a pic how yours looks like bigblue?  and what method you used? displex?

Where did I mentioned that I removed my logo? Actually I didn't. Because currently there's no method known that I would find acceptable.

@Laubi:

I should have added another two smilies to highlight the sarcasm... :)

[...]@Laubi:

I should have added another two smilies to highlight the sarcasm... :lol:

Yep, my friend ... you would have done a favour to me.

No "real" tips right now?

OT: Isn't it funny - two german guys are writing - in terrible english - in a strangely board to get the tiny orange logo from the phone. :)

Guest BigBlue007

@Laubi:

MY english isn't that terrible... :)

@pmassop:

OK, let's get serious: Can you please describe exactly what you have used and how exactly you have used it? I have to confess that based on what I see on your picture, this method seems to do the trick...

I really have used a sugar cube,

I moved the corner of it over the Orange logo.

It doesn't make scratches because the crystal isn't that hard.

Before you begin, put tape over your microphone.

suikerklont.jpg

All this talk about removing the orange logo made me realise how annoying it really is. I'm not on orange and never will be cause Here in Guernsey we do not have orange! So I tested an ideal I stumbled across on HowardForums. It's simple and it works great (See Pic). Simply use the blue side of an ink/pencil eraser. it's slightly rough texure rubs away the orange logo paint within a minute of rubbing with no sign of it ever being there :) and with no damage to the black.

No offence to orange by the way :wink: . thanks for bringing us these excellent smartphones :lol:

nologo.jpg

Guest BigBlue007

That trick already worked for the T610, but I was unsure whether the rubber might harm the black colour as well. Your picture looks good. Maybe I should give it a try...

The picture is kinda burry, I apologise for that but trust me there is no damage to the black casing. actually I don't think the black case is painted, I think its the colour of the plastic?! so I don't think theres any chance of rubbing through the black!

If I could believe 100% in the first posted pic by pmassop, I would try it myself ... but I'm not shure that this ins't a (quite good :)) fake?!

Sorry, pmassop, maybe I'm wrong ... but I never heard about something like this before and I'm not shure, that you are not kidding us.

:-k

To try, or not to try - that's the question?!

Update

It looks, like it's working for real ... here another Picture taken from a german User from MobileJoe.de:

ohnelogo.jpg

:arrow: Sorry, pmassop, for not trusting you at first step :!:

icon_edit.gif

I will not try to break a Newbie-Record with 5 Postings in a row, so I use the edit Button.

It works fantastic with the sugar cube - thx. a lot for this excellent tip

=D>

Anyone tried it on the silver version??

hehe

sugarcube dangggggg so simple

makes the c500 black look cool as hell :twisted:

btw.. when looking at those picture with photoshop it seems to be edited where the logo should be.. hmmm fishy..

So which guys is the best method to use ,Is it rubber / Displex / or suger cube,Also would it be possible for anyone to describe how you get the logo off with the suger,Thanks

Update

It looks, like it's working for real ... ...

:arrow: Sorry, pmassop, for not trusting you at first step  :!: 

icon_edit.gif

I will not try to break a Newbie-Record with 5 Postings in a row, so I use the edit Button.

It works fantastic with the sugar cube - thx. a lot for this excellent tip 

=D>

It's oke :wink:

Jo man, great hint, that did the trick for me, too. Honestly!! :):D

.................................. :-# :-#

i just used the sugar-cube trick myself....works gr8!...when holding it under a light u can;t see where the logo has been (i did noticed dust under my window :) and a dead pixel:(:lol::( )

well....i noticed that pixel when i was home from the shop when i bought it...but i was to buisy the next day and i forgot me reciept....so i came back the day after that....they told me they'll send it in when it;s on stock to replace it....i'm still waiting for them to call me that they have it on stock....so....they will replace it...:)

trust me it is metal... i've dropped my phone several times after too many drinks and i can now see the metal showing through in several places... i coloured it in with black marker pen but it still looks pretty damaged..!!

Guest BigBlue007

Time to say "sorry" to pmassop... :roll:

Tried the sugar cube trick today - and it indeed worked great! :)

Only questions that remains is how one gets the idea to rub a sugar cube on a mobile phone cover... :lol::D

Guest sblarsen

Sugar cube trick works like a charm... i spent 30 seconds removing the logo and its completely gone and left no marks at all on the black part of the phone.

Sweet.. it looks sooooo much better without that horrible orange box..

Guest peekie

um sblarsen

Sweet.. it looks sooooo much better without that horrible orange box
just have to change your c500 photo then as i see a orange square on it :) :lol: :lol:

Guest Jazz_UK
Sugar cube trick works like a charm... i spent 30 seconds removing the logo and its completely gone and left no marks at all on the black part of the phone.

Sweet.. it looks sooooo much better without that horrible orange box..

sblarsen - You now need to update your avitar! :)

Jazz