Confused about long date setting

Guest Onnie

Hi all, noob here...

I upgraded to a SPV C500 a week ago and i love it, gotta be the best phone i ever had so far, its more like a pda than a phone!

just out of curiosity while surfing one night i found this site and have been hooked since! so big thumbs up and thanks to the guy that runs it, and all the input all you guys put in.

have i done enough ar5e kissing yet? :lol:

ok problem: i am modding the full.home.xml file but for the life of me i cant figure out how to display the "long" date on the home screen.

all i can get is eg. 19 september 2004, what i REALLY want is to display the day as well. now i know on the pc, in regional settings you use dddd to display the day but the phone wont let me put that into the long date in its regional settings and i cant figure out how to code it into xml.

does anyone know how i would go about implementing it??? i have d/l regedit (thanx again to this good site :lol: ) and have no problem editing the registry if thats what i have to do.

sorry for the long post!

many thanx!

On.

:)

Guest scott2eyes

I think there's an odd quirk about this- to include the actual day, you need to set the phone to a "locale" other than UK English.

If you go to Settings > Regional Settings and change the Locale to English (United States), then you should see the actual day appear in the Long Date Style box below.

You can do this via the registry. Edit the key SLDte in HKLMnlsoverrides and change it to something like: ddd, dd MMM yy. This now displays on my homescreen Mon, 20 Sep 04. I have also changed the short display (SSDte) to 20 Sep 04 (d MMM yy) instead of 20/09/04.

HTH

rekall

• 3 months later...
You can do this via the registry. Edit the key SLDte in HKLMnlsoverrides and change it to something like: ddd, dd MMM yy. This now displays on my homescreen Mon, 20 Sep 04. I have also changed the short display (SSDte) to 20 Sep 04 (d MMM yy) instead of 20/09/04.

HTH

rekall

But what if my registry editor (PHM) doesn't see the SLDte key in the registry? Do I need to application-unlock my phone? Or is there a way to reveal hidden files? Thanks for any help.

Guest attakorn

But what if my registry editor (PHM) doesn't see the SLDte key in the registry? Do I need to application-unlock my phone? Or is there a way to reveal hidden files? Thanks for any help.

Did you press "Values" on the left soft key?