Smartphone DopeWars Is HERE!

Guest CodesRaider

Guest CodesRaider

Hi all,

I have seen may people requested for DopeWars be made available for Smartphone users.

Good news! I had successfully ported the PocketPC DopeWars to SmartPhone DopeWars. It was not an easy task to port it due to the architecture and hardware design differences between both of devices. I had to make some decision on my own especially the user interface, command keys and removed support for saving/loading game.

Minimum phone requirements:

1. WM2003 / WM2002

2. Phone is running on ARM processor

3. Application unlocked.

4. Preferably screen size at least 176x220 else you will not be able to see everything.

5. And of course, use it at your own risk. The author will not be responsible if you encounter any serious problems with your phone when using it.

The app is fully tested using MPX200 with WM2003.

I welcome any bugs report, comments, feedback or improvements.

Meanwhile, enjoy the game! :) :lol:

LATEST UPDATES:

21/9/2004: - Fixed WM2002 problems. :lol: :lol:

22/9/2004:

- More problems on WM2002. It seems like the WM2002 version isn't compatible with WM2003 OS. Would appreciate if someone could install the WM2002 version in WM2002 OS and let me know if it is fine. Emulator running fine.

01/10/2004:

- Updated WM2002 version on what could be the bug that bugging a few users. Try it and let me know. :lol:

DopeWars_2002.ARM.CAB

DopeWars_2003.ARMV4.CAB

Guest CodesRaider

Hi Lukeap,

Thanks for the feedback. I will have to look into the cab file creation for WM2002 and try to fix this issue. I already updated my first message in this forum with no support for WM2002 yet. I will update the top message of this forum when I had fixed it.

Guest mashkhan

Cheers, Johndoo76 for the app. There is a problem I've encountered however. When I try and reach my finances with the right key it doesn't always work. In fact I've only got it to work once. I'm using a C500 btw.

Guest CodesRaider

Mashkan,

Are you at the right location? The finances option is only enabled when you are at a certain location. Let me know the current location when you claimed that it wasn't working.

Guest mashkhan
Mashkan,

Are you at the right location? The finances option is only enabled when you are at a certain location. Let me know the current location when you claimed that it wasn't working.

Is it location dependant? Didn't know that :oops: Which location do I have to be in to get my finances up?

Guest lukeap69
Hi Lukeap,

Thanks for the feedback. I will have to look into the cab file creation for WM2002 and try to fix this issue. I already updated my first message in this forum with no support for WM2002 yet. I will update the top message of this forum when I had fixed it.

hi johndoo76,

thanks & i'll be waiting for your fix for SP2002.

keep it up m8.

regards,

lukeap

Guest CodesRaider

Hi guys,

Glad to know all of you are enjoying it!

However I have a bad news for all of you. The WM2002 version is going to take some time for me to do it. Apparently, I will have to re-write most of the codes here. I may have made a mistake of starting it with WM2003. I may not have time to do this anymore as my work project is starting to get busy now. :lol:

I am considering not porting it at all! :)

But at least for now, I will try to investigate if there is any faster way of doing it. Sorry to dissappoint those with WM2002 phones.

Guest bongbong

Im a bit miffed for all the development going on for the win2003 platforms and i dont blame the developers coz they have .net to use.

But honestly just how many people have the latest and greatest?

Im betting that most people have 2002 based phones.

It's just too bad :)

i cant just dump my phone coz it's only 2002 based.

it does everything i want it to do like virtually unlimited text storage in the sd card and very long contact lists, i read my books etc.

ust wish there were more good games like rpgs, etc.