Smartphone DopeWars Is HERE!

Guest CodesRaider

Guest cougal96

mine also shows this problem . i have mpx200 windows 2002 and unlocked.

mine too :)

also - i just started up a game, selected manhattan n BOOM crashed :roll: had to restart but no hard reset was required (thank god) :shock: just thought, where are you guys installing the game to? does it have to be installed on the phone? i have it installed on sd card. Will try later installing on phone.

Although i have played this on my girlfriends E200 and mannnnn does this game rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nice port

Guest LardyBoy

Dude, that kicks ass! Muchos kudos for putting that up. I used to play it years ago on the PC (along with pimp wars - sort of the same but with Ho's too!) and I'm addicted to again already!

Guest bendaryl

Okay, I have tested a little further with the freezing on the mpx200, and it does happen consistently. I misspoke when I said that I had to do a hard reset: I just needed to power off the phone and then power it back on. I do have DopeWars installed on the phone itself (not on a card), and have only been able to select a new location one time. Every other time I have tried to select a new location, the game crashes/freezes.

Guest CodesRaider

Hi guys,

I see 2 problems with the DopeWars, all of which is related to WM2002 MPX200.

1. DopeWar crash for no apparent reason. This is reported by quite a number of people using WM2002 MPX200.

2. Drug list appears empty and price is -1.

For 1: Please try to install the game into the phone itself and not the sd card. I had tested the DopeWars in 2002 Emulator and there is no problem at all. As for WM2003, I had it installed in my WM2003 MPX200 (in the sd card) and it is running smoothly without any hitch. The DopeWars does not access any registry entry or system files.

For 2: I have not been able reproduce this as well. Is this problem occuring repeatly in all locations or certain locations only?

Guys, I am really sorry that some of you are seeing these problems in WM2002 but the fact is that I don't have a WM2002 phone to test and I'm unable to reproduce it in WM2002 Emulator. :lol: Hope you all understand.

It looks like the WM2003 version is running smoothly in all phones... :)

Guest bendaryl

CodesRaider,

I do have the program installed directly on the phone and it is locking up. I know the frustration of writing some great code and offering it for free, only to have lots of people ask that you provide additional support for a device that you don't even own. However, I am sure that the problem is a single line or two of code that is interpreted differently on the older phones (mpx200, e100, etc.) than on the newer ones. I hope that somehow it can be identified and fixed. I will look at any code you want to send me and try modifying and testing it to the best of my ability (one email address I check about once a week is [email protected]), and will test any revisions you make if you want to experiement. The game does run and appears to display properly. It looks great and I am certain it will work if someone (you, me, or anyone else who has a minute and would like to look for it) can identify the one or two lines of code that the older phones seem to be choking on.

It looks like the WM2003 version is running smoothly in all phones...  :)

Sorry mate,

I mentioned earlier that my E200 with the latest Orange Rom crashes on choosing a destination. To make this all the more confusing it's happening on the phone AFTER a hard reset so it suggests it's not a conflict with other software installed.

To reiterate I have an E200 with the latest Orange Rom and a 256meg sd card. I installed the game on the SD card. It crashes more often then not on choosing a destination (Bronx, Queens, etc). I initially wondered if the phone being application/certificate locked could be behind it but on deactivating the lock it still locks up.

EDIT: just noticed two versions on the first page, was only one before so maybe I need to try reinstalling the WM2003 version. Watch this space...

Guest CodesRaider

Bendaryl,

I had tested it in my MPX200 phone. So the question is not the older phone but WM2002 OS. I will try to look into the codes and see if there is anything wrong with the codes. I may forward the codes to you for debugging and experiment.

Pondrew,

Yes, please reinstall with the WM2003 version. It locked up in my phone as well when I install the one version. Somehow, I need to keep these two versions separate. I'm sure you will be fine once you installed the WM2003 version.

The only problem I see now is the WM2002 version locking up once a while.

Guest bendaryl

CodesRaider,

Thanks. That's what I meant by "older phones": the mpx200 with its original OS. I am sure you are right that something in WM2002 does not interpret the code properly and it is a problem with 2002, not with the mpx200 itself. I'm happy to look at anything you send. I do have the upgrade ROM to make my mpx200 into a WM2003 device, but have never gotten around to installing it (and I have been happy with everything on it the way it is now, but maybe DopeWars is a good excuse to run the upgrade!) :)

Are you happy with the 2003 ROM? My fear is that upgrading will make DopeWars work, but may make something else (eclipse: first wave, for example) not work.

Ben

Guest nickcornaglia

Very fun. Running on my e200. I remember this from my Palm days. It's still alot of fun. I always think it's funny that they never say that Ghetto is actually Harlem. I guess they're afraid to offend anyone.

Guest CodesRaider

Bendaryl,

I am very happy with my 2003 ROM. As for your case, I am not sure what other app you have that you will need to give up. Like my case, I have to give up my MMS functionality after upgrading because the MMS plugin supplied does not support WM2003.

afroahmed,

Am still looking into it. Been busy with my "official" work. Will try my best. :)

Guest CodesRaider

afroahmed and others,

Think I have a fix on the WM2002 version problem. I have no idea whether it fixes the problem or not. You got to try it out and let me know. You can get the updated version at the first message of this forum.

PS: Thanks to Bendaryl for giving me the exact details on how the app freezes in WM2002. :)

LardyBoys,

You are luck you can reach $38m! Under normal circumstances, you would have been killed by the police! :lol: