M2000 Announced

Guest Dade

hope that orange get the HTC Magician too as other networks seem to be announcing, although at that point the choice between PPC and Smartphone starts to get more difficult, the lines are getting more an more blurred.....

Now one of these i would love. I stopped using my old palm IIIxe after getting my first SPV, but i do miss being able to enter stuff onto screen with a stylus - not too bothered about t he keyboard (wifi is good though) if onyl they'd make it as cheap as the SPV C500!

id love one of these unfortunately there doesnt seem to be support for line 2 on pocket pc phone edition :) i dunno why its been implimented in smartphone so im stuck with them for now.

Guest RussellH

Does anybody know about the joystick on the M2000. It looks different to anything else I've seen. What do you reckon it'd be like for navigating and for games, compared to the E200 oe C500?

Russell, I could tell you all about the joypad on the M2000 but then I would have to kill you! :)

Lets just say its fine for menu navigation and games, its 9 way and no multipress problems.

I'll fill everyone in more when Im allowed.

Guest RussellH

Great news about the joystick - thanks. Just hoping Orange stock it, it works properly, and won't clear out the bank! Started another thread in "Main" about the differences in operating systems between Smartphone 2003 and Pocket PC Phone Edition. Am interested in the general view of the Modaco massive before making a decision.

Dade, thanks.

Do you work for an independant company contracted to orange for testing, or are you a 'normal person' in an orange testing program, like a higher up/more formal "Orange Trials."

Im a 'normal person'. I just happen to have a good 'working' relationship with a few people at Orange and the fact that I have a huge corporate account with them also helps! :)

Guest philgriffiths

Is there any word on what its going to cost? Also will it only be available to business customers initially like the M1000 originally was?

Guest philgriffiths

Dade you appear to be the man in the know....

I'm due an upgrade around december time, you reckon i should go and get myself an M1000 or hang around for the M2000 to become available on personal contracts?

Hard to say. If it was my money I would probably hang on for the M2000, I think its a far better device. If you wont be upgrading until December then there is a good chance that there will be more information about the likelyhood of the M2000 being available on personal contract.

By then there may well be something better on offer.

Guest blackhorse
Hard to say. If it was my money I would probably hang on for the M2000, I think its a far better device. If you wont be upgrading until December then there is a good chance that there will be more information about the likelyhood of the M2000 being available on personal contract.

By then there may well be something better on offer.

As far as im aware we are to offer this handset to customers straight away along with co-operate. The M1000 prooved a great success and Orange wont want to be left behind leaving Voda O2 and Tmobs version of the unit to be sold to the general public.

Guest blackhorse
But still now word on just when it will be released then? Blackhorse?

Earliest i can check with operations support is next monday. (im currently in Canada at the moment on hols)

Guest blackhorse
New information says that its listed by Orange (on internal systems) as being available from November.  

I wouldnt believe that though.

Is that on the UK intranet or scholar?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.