SDA and SDA Music coming to T-Mobile UK in October

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

You heard it here first... the SDA and SDA Music are coming to the UK... as early as OCTOBER!

More details as we have them, but the word on the grapevine is that T-Mobile will be entering the UK Smartphone market with a BANG!

:)

P

it was only a matter of time than they would release them in the uk , holland get them also soon . :)

T-mobile have invested too much in just having it only in germany or the us, the one good thing is the more operators that have a smartphone the better as this will also push orange to make their versions better than the others in the end there will be 1 winner the customer :wink: :wink: :wink:

Hooray! At last an alternative to Orange.

Orange have done nothing recently to make me want to stay with them. They're happy to take my money every month in return for a substandard service, so it'll be interesting to see when my contract is up for renewal if they want me to stay or not. It's good to know that I will now be able to get the phone I want from somebody else. Roll on November :)

Guest Chaser81

It is nice to see an alternative to Orange, but I personally wouldnt go with T-Mobile as they are the most inflexible with regards to tariff changes (not allowed to shift down until 11th month!) and their new 'Relax' plans only give you a cheaper line rental if you sign up to an 18 month contract, otherwise you will pay more for your line rental for the same amount of minutes as the other networks. Just my opinion but staying with Orange. Do like the SDA though, looks nice!!

Will this feature the same hissing effect which is on the Orange C500, which basically renders it useless as an mp3 player?

Any ideas on price yet, will it be free on a £25 contract like the C500 with orange?

Guest MaximilianWeisheit

Paul,

This thing will be huge!

I think is is really time for a seperate forum for the...

HTC Feelers (SDA / i-Mate SP3i / Qtek 8020 / SDA Music)

Thanks, Max

Max, not sure it'll get it's own section as I hear some of the pre-production models are describing themselves as HTC Typhoon in system properties. I get the feeling the HTC Feeler is going to be even less of a evolution over the Typhoon then the Tanager was over the Canary (and the Tanager didn't get it's own section). With even the GAPI fault having made it onto SDA I suspect it's a Typhoon in different clothing.

Anyway, back on topic, just wanted to say I'm delighted at the T Mobile news as I'm sick of having no Orange signal where I live and know for a fact that T Mobile have good coverage. I always said I'd get the C500 but as I'm waiting for my contract to expire in November I may jump ship to T Mobile and get the SDA.

Aha :)

T-mobile might just find themselve with a new customer shortly

:lol:

There'd better be a GAPI fix though. Does Modaco have any official contacts within T-Mobile?

I'd like to confirm they will be releasing updates (such as the GAPI bug fix if its in the UK model), and not just "release and forget" before I part with my cash.

Guest MaximilianWeisheit
Max, not sure it'll get it's own section as I hear some of the pre-production models are describing themselves as HTC Typhoon in system properties. I get the feeling the HTC Feeler is going to be even less of a evolution over the Typhoon then the Tanager was over the Canary (and the Tanager didn't get it's own section). With even the GAPI fault having made it onto SDA I suspect it's a Typhoon in different clothing.

Pondrew,

I understand your point, but this is not a question about technical advancements it is a question about organization!

The C500 has already 5000 posts! (in this short amount of time)

The SDA will surely top that!

Members want to read device specific information! - as evident in some other post that were demanding a separate forum for the SDA. - For example as a SDA user I dont want to read through the "Dust under my Screen" post, because it is regarding the C500. - the SDA is different in housing! - In addition I dont want to read about 'Orange CS complaints' when trying to get information about SDA. (I want to hear about T-Mobile CS complains ,-))). Plus there are different models coming out of the SDA. In addition there are already topics for the SDA flying around in different forums at the moment, because we dont really know where to put them.

C500 and SDA with all their models and different providers is just to big of a topic to fit all in one forum. It will be super crazy and totally unclear.

Am I getting my point across?! ](*,)

I would really like to see another Forum for the SDA and maybe even getting the current SDA post moved over. When this thing starts selling and we only got one forum, it will be out of control. - Like when s*** hits the fan. To give you an image to play with ,-)

For some reason I was thinking it was gonna be pay as you go dont know why. if not i'll go contract or the Ebay route. Think my classic has seen its last days. If not then it can be my bit on the side :)

@Max

You're right ASSUMING that there are major differences between the models. Guess we won't know for sure for a while... (on a different angle: don't think people should be putting Orange or T Mobile customer service complaints in the device specific section, surely they belong in main?).

The SDA / SP3i  /  8020 are sufficiently different to warrant their own area.

And you're basing that on...? What? Just the different case?!

EDIT: Actually, I'll hold off for the time being given that it may well be T Mobile's implementation is sufficiently different software-wise to warrant it's own section. Just think you guys need to realise that the HTC Feeler to all intents and purposes seems to be the same as the Typhoon bar the shell. As I mentioned before, the Tanager was much the same as the Canary but for the shell so it didn't get it's own section.

Guest MaximilianWeisheit

And you're basing that on...? What? Just the different case?!

EDIT: Actually, I'll hold off for the time being given that it may well be T Mobile's implementation is sufficiently different software-wise to warrant it's own section. Just think you guys need to realise that the HTC Feeler to all intents and purposes seems to be the same as the Typhoon bar the shell. As I mentioned before, the Tanager was much the same as the Canary but for the shell so it didn't get it's own section.

Are you MAD or some how obsessed with not giving out extra forums?

An extra forum for the HTC Feelers/SDA has only positives effects!

Just to demonstrate to you how much chaos and confusion there will be if we are not getting an extra forum for the SDA.

Forum posts up to date for HTC Typhoon are 5017.

Forum posts up to date for HTC Cannary/Tanager are 3692.

Now ask you how long each of these forum has been open. Surely the HTC Typhoon was not as long open as the HTC Cannary/Tanager.

Do you see the difference???

If the HTC Feelers/SDA is now released in Germany, UK, etc then the HTC Typhoon forum will exploded with C500 and SDA posts!!!

We need an extra forum for the HTC Feelers/SDA! - Not only because of the different provider, different case, different provider software, different provider functions, different models, different joystick, additional buttons, different keypad layout, etc, but just because to keep it organized!

I dont see why this is a big problem!?

btw - Paul are you reading any of this?

Guest beersoft

are you sure we need another forum section for people to post the wrong thing in?

next you will be wanting forums for each telco so we can fill them full of "$telco sucks, there support monkeys are rubbish"

and trust me, T-Mobile uk do suck moons through micropore tape with there support and customer service (which i won't go into unless someone asks, its not a nice tale) you think orange are bad, wait untill your phone dies a death and you want it care replaced after 10pm, and dont get me started about the music on hold....

later

rantboy^WOwen

Guest midnight

Max, the thing is, cos both phones are practically the same, then questions aimed at one device will also be aimed at the other, so why duplicate posts across forums to answer the same questions???? I also understand that some questions could be aimed at the SDA Music that wont be relevant to the SDA or the C500.

I see both sides of this, but in the end, the decision will be Pauls.

Guest MaximilianWeisheit
Max, the thing is, cos both phones are practically the same, then questions aimed at one device will also be aimed at the other, so why duplicate posts across forums to answer the same questions???? I also understand that some questions could be aimed at the SDA Music that wont be relevant to the SDA or the C500. 

I see both sides of this, but in the end, the decision will be Pauls.

Can we get a word from Paul then please.

And remember all normal questions should be posted in Help and Advice anyway :)

Year, but did you see the forum. :lol:

I'm with Max on this one. 

The SDA / SP3i / 8020 are sufficiently different to warrant their own area.

Maybe I am just too early with my request for an extra forum for the HTC Feelers. Maybe the s*** has to hit the fan first before some people understand what I am talking about. (Still dont understand what the big deal is but hey!? - i-mate SP3 and i-mate SP3i; Qtek8010 and Qtek8020; C500 and SDA; HTC Typhoon and HTC Feelers - somebody see a pattern here?) - However let me just say that if you read through my above posts you will see my point. And that it is justified, unlike some other posts in this topic.

Anyway, if it is to much to ask I wont bother on it anymore. Just mark my words: Later, MoDaCo members will see how hard it will be to get to information on the C500 or the SDA in an unstructured and huge HTC Typhoon/Feelers forum and of course how hard it will be for the moderators to control it. - The forum has 5000 posts since mid June 2004 - when did they start selling the C500 again - LOL - Now just fast forward to December 2004 - with all the SDA topics/posts. - LOOOL

Mark my words, I say :wink:

Max, I think you'd find this is how they'd set out the Typhoon/Feeler section. It's not much longer title-wise then the HTC Canary/Tanager section title. Not so bad is it?!

HTC Typhoon / Feeler (SPV C500 / C600 / iMate SP3 / SP3i / QTek 8020)

Although you are making some very good points about the number of points. I wouldn't be surprised if they do create a new section. But the only thing I'm not sure you're taking into account how quickly the Smartphone world is moving these days. The Typhoon/Feeler may be old news in 6months time so having seperate sections for near identical Smartphones may be deemed unnecessary.

Anyway, I understand where you're coming from. I just ask you to understand the flip side.

Guest MaximilianWeisheit
Max, I think you'd find this is how they'd set out the Typhoon/Feeler section. It's not much longer title-wise then the HTC Canary/Tanager section title. Not so bad is it?!

HTC Typhoon / Feeler  (SPV C500 / C600 / iMate SP3 / SP3i / QTek 8020)

no comment; seems that I didn't get my point across.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Mark my words, I say :)

Ouch! :?

If you mean about how there'll be too many threads mixed in one section on both Typhoon and Feeler then I understood exactly what you meant. Just decided that was something for the moderators to debate rather then those of us who aren't involved in the upkeep of the forum.

Anyway, I've think this has become a non discussion so I'll bow out.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

*Desperately trying to drag the thread back on topic....*

T-Mobile are less than appropriate for this kind of hardware, GPRS is £7.50 a meg! Also you will end up annoying every person who tries to call you as TMob now insist on playing their painfully annoying tune down the line with the ring tone. :/

Guest SteelyDan

At the moment I have 200 any network any time minutes from Orange with 500 texts. With Orange Care and 4MB GPRS I think it all comes to £39/month - can't find anything even near that on the T Mobile site.

And the ringing tone / tune thing is enough to put me off on its own!

Think I'll stick with 'em and get a C500.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Yep - quick browse of the tmob site and i can't see any kind of bundles! On Orange i pay £1/meg...

Also - my flatmate just bought a tmob k700i, turns out the keypad backlight is pink! Wonder if they'll be making that mod to the SDA series ;p

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.