Vieka release eSQL 2.9 with NEW .net Data Provider

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

That's right, Vieka (http://www.Vieka.com) have released eSQL 2.9, now with an eSQL.Net Data Provider!

Full details on the free (for non commercial use) product can be found here.

Features include:

A complete database is stored in a single cross-platform file. 

No setup or administration needed. 

Implements most of SQL92 standard, such as multiple tables, multiple indexes, transactions with atomic commit/ rollback, subqueries, compound queries, views, triggers. 

Support for in-memory database. 

Support database size up to 2 terabytes. 

Very small memory footprint and faster than most popular database. 

Compression for compacting database. 

AES 256-bit encryption for securing data. 

Native C/C++ or standard ODBC API is simple and easy to use. 

eSQL.Net data provider for Microsoft .Net integration and rapid application development. 

A cross-platform graphical database manager can be used to administer an eSQL database. 

An interactive SQL command line tool is provided as an example of how to use eSQL in your application.

I'm definitely going to have a play... enjoy!

P

Guest chucky.egg

I saw a version (not sure which one) recently and got confused... the blurb talked about a replacement for Access. Cool, I thought, but no... it won't read Access files.

What I want to be able to do is copy an MDB file to my phone and have an app that will let me search records

Will this do it?

• 1 month later...

Actually this is simple to do assuming you can code in .NET. The eSQL package comes with everything you need to access eSQL databases not only on your Smartphone, but also on your desktop. So you write a little code on your desktop that contains datasources for your access database and a new eSQL database. Read in the Access records, then write them out to the SQL table. Once done, just copy the eSQL database file to your Smartphone, and you will be able to access that data from your Smartphone applications.

And to go one step further, you could keep the 2 databases in sync uses some of the advanced data handling that comes with ADO.NET.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kingbing

Does anyone know what the difference is between this and sqlite? Their web page says that it's based on it, but what else does it give you? (Simply because sqlite is free, even for commercial use)

Guest Confucious

I like the way their homepage makes no mention of 2.9, only v2.8 for Smartphone - It doesn't inspire confidence. I've just downloaded 2.9 but have not looked at it yet. Could be interesting.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.