USB transfer problems

Guest ha107900

Guest ha107900

I've just encoded a film with pocketDivXencoder, and its around 90Mb and looks really good :) What a great app!!!

Everytime i try to put it on my SD card via E200 cradle (don't have a card reader) it gets about half way through, then stops and ActiveSync disconnects. :cry: I have to disconnect/re-connect the phone to get ActiveSync working again. My SD card now has a load of garbage files on it taking up about 40-50Mb - Have to format the card to get rid of them!!

I've got enough space (empty 128Mb Viking SD card), and other video's/trailers have gone across fine (max size 30Mb)

Is this issue to do with the size of the file?

Does anyone know what is the largest supported file you can transfer?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same prob with a 167mb .avi file.

I ordered a card reader this morning so hopefully I'll have no probs slapping it on the card that way.

Guest dj_pcs

Yep, I have the same problem also. I can usually transfer files of 20mb no problem, going down to about a 25% success rate with 40mb files. Anything over 50mb seems impossible. I took a look around various web sites when I first noticed this issue and it seems fairly common place, a shortfall of Activesync.

As has been suggested above, for larger files, your best buying a card reader, which can be picked up for as little as £7 and will greatly increase the transfer speeds.