Outlook data (contacts, calendar) on Storage Card??

Guest rogeraccio

Guest rogeraccio

Hi everyone!

My question: :?: is there a way to store Outlook contacts and calendar on SD card instead on phone internal memory?

Obviously I'd like to do it because I want more space and I don't want to clear calendar every week (because I've only 10 MB of space for storage of Outlook elements)!

If there isn't a way, you know what happens if the phone internal memory is full? Will it storage automatically on SD card if you try to add more Outlook data?

Thank you in advance for the answers! :)

Guest awarner [MVP]

It's not possible to use the storage card to hold your contacts.

It would be very hard to fill the phone with calender appointments or contacts, I have never managed to do it.

Unless you have a few thousand contacts you will never realistically fill the phone.

Guest rogeraccio

Ok, maybe I was a little worried about nothing!! :)

If you think that 10 MB is enough for a couple of years...

When I've filled the memory I'll change phone! Bye!!!! :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest oallostavros

What about emails? Is it possible to have all your emails (inbox) stored on your storage card instead of the phone? I used my email for the first time, and the phone downloaded all 1270 emails from my email account. Now I'm stuck with them. Don't know how much memory they're taking up, but i'm sure its plenty. Luckily it only downloaded the title (or maybe it was the first 500 bytes).

I have heard that there is no way to delete your entire inbox - which means I'm going to have to delete all 1270 emails one by one. If this is the case, I am not gonna be a happy camper, but for this phone I'll do anything :roll: But... I don't want to connect to my email again and have it download them all all over again. That would suck double time. So, anybody know if we can get emails to go straight to the card.

Also, what about getting your voice recorder to record straight to the card?

Thanks everyone.

Seems like I've got some hard work lined up ahead of me.

Guest awarner [MVP]

You can nuke your entire inbox by renaming the file cemail.vol

to cemail.old in the IPSM folder, then reboot your phone and you will see a new cemail.vol file has been created and you can now delete the cemail.old file.

This will remove all your inbox messages so only delete if you are sure you do not have any messages you want to keep.

As for your other questions, nope they all get stored on the phone.

• 6 months later...
Guest pierre

I got 1600 contacts, and plenty of e-mails too. Since then I sometimes have a problem to hang up when I accidentally dial a wrong number. I press endlessly the red button but it keeps dialing, and I finally have to remove the battery. I wonder if it's because of too much contacts. Has anyone experienced this bug before?

Guest pierre
Try holding the end call button for a few seconds.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just did. It locked my keypad, but the call went on progress. (I'm still unable to end the call after now 1 minute!! I even press "menu" "end call", but no way...)

• 3 months later...
Guest Socrates
I got 1600 contacts, and plenty of e-mails too. Since then I sometimes have a problem to hang up when I accidentally dial a wrong number. I press endlessly the red button but it keeps dialing, and I finally have to remove the battery. I wonder if it's because of too much contacts. Has anyone experienced this bug before?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have just started having this problem in the last week on my smt5600, and it directly coincides with my internal storage being completely filled up with emails.

The fuller it gets, the slower the phone goes, and eventually the more difficult it is to place or end a call.

Guest pierre
I have just started having this problem in the last week on my smt5600, and it directly coincides with my internal storage being completely filled up with emails.

The fuller it gets, the slower the phone goes, and eventually the more difficult it is to place or end a call.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't tell what the real problem is. It seems contacts do not take much space. I now have 2031 of them, and the phone seems to work fine! I suppose it is not to do with storage memory, but with currently open applications. You could try to suppress unnecessary apps or possibly do a hard-reset.