Getting E200 - Need help please

Guest Moria

Hi, I'm going to get the E200 on Monday or Tuesday (depending when the guy I bought it of posts it). I've been reading these forums for a couple of days now and have a few questions..

You've been talking about Smartphone 2002 and 2003... which one (if either) is on the phone when you first get it and can you upgrade it (freely) to the next version?

Wheres a good place to get free games and aps? People have been talking about monolithix.org (sp?) but that site isn't working at the moment... Where else can you get them?

Which memory cards work with this phone and what size should I get?

And one last question...... what are the essential free aps I should get, and where from?

Thanks for your help!

Guest bosshogg2003

Hi, welcome to the forum, the E200 comes with Smartphone 2003 and can not be updated at present to second edition. There are rom upgrades the latest being 2.7.1.1 from Orange.

I have used the monolithix.org in the past so it may just be temporarily down.

There is lot of discussion about the SD cards that work but I use a Lexar 256mb with as many games and apps as possible loaded to it along with some mp3 and video and usually have around 100mb free. What you have to be careful of though is that some cards are dual layer or something like that and I believe they don’t work.

All I can say is, go through the search function, as if it’s been done, it will be on this site somewhere.