Mio 8390 and beta player

Guest grindoc

I don't think I am dumb and I have read the GAPI to GDI wrapper but I still cannot get beta player on my phone.

please help me!!!!!!!!!! I went to the variosu links and downloaded things but my phone will still not let the unverified programs on.

any help is much appreciated.

--grindoc

thank you for that info. I have unlocked the phone and then I saw your and schriss' method of creating signatures. I used thatprogram to allow beta player onto my handset. thank you very much

DR

• 1 month later...
Guest grindoc

the signature method that Schriss posted is to allow unsigned programs onto both your PC and your phone. programmers like Picard who developed Beta Player (I assume) cannot afford to pay the large sums of money needed for verification (signing) so there is the signing pack that allows you to put those programs on the phone. your phone will still ask you if you want to allow potentially dangerous programs on but it will not stop you from doing so. it is probably best to read the thread and then pull info from there about hte GAPI issue. I guess we do not need to fix the GAPI with their wrapper to use Beta Player as it works iwth GDI but here is the post: http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php...t=gapi+solution

then you will see on the first posting of that thread that there is a signing pack available where it says "click this post" and if you click THIS POST then you will get taken to where teh signing pack is available for download. let me know if you have trouble. You also need to make sure that your phone is unlocked FIRST... if you have not done that then here is the link: http://203.66.161.9/visitor/v_FileDown2004C.asp and click the word UNLOCK on the left side and follow along. when you download the signing pack you first need to open the tutorial.doc file and follow the directions. that is what I did and it worked perfectly. let me know if you have problems

Guest grindoc

you will not see a certificate on your phone...the way to try it is to download the beta player onto your phone and then it will go thru the steps and then warn you that you are going to install an app from an unverified source and ask if you want to proceed. you answer yes and then your status will be shown and then hopefully it will be successful.

have you unlocked your phone?