NO SERVICE????

Guest jmoney37

Guest jmoney37

Hey just recently my phone keeps losing service. It used to do it rarely but i don't know why it seems like i lose service all the time. Every time i loose service it says "NO SERVICE" and to get it to search for service again i put the phon into FLIGHT MODE and then i wait a couple seconds and turn flight mode off. Usually it searches and finds service again. So i have two questions:

1. Why does my phone lose service so damn quick and is there any way to improve that?

2. Once it does lose service is there any setting that i can put the phone on so that it is always looking for service? Or do i have to go through the whole flight mode ordeal every time?

By the way i'm using T-Mobile

Hmm just recently i have noticed this also, earlier i had no service while my friend next to me (on a nokia) had full bars of reception.... I dont like being out done by a nokia.

Guest jmoney37

well i called T-Mobile and as expected the guy said that there don't seem to be any problems with anything in my area, and that it is probably my phone. He said that i should put my network setting on manual instead of automatic, which i did. I'm waiting to see if this helps any. But if anyone else has answers please let me know.

Guest jmoney37

Well the whole putting it on manual doesnt work. All that does is once the phone has lost service it doesnt search for T-mobile anymore. I still have to go into flight mode and do the whole ordeal to get service. This phone is really startin to piss me off. I mean it has great features and everything but whats the point of having a phone with good features if it never gets reception. My nokia's signal blows this out of the water.

Guest markgamber

Yeah, I saw weird stuff today again. The exterior LCD screen indicated that I had lost service. The main screen, however, showed full bars and T-Mobile. Later, both screens showed I had lost service as I answered the phone because it was ringing. I also missed two calls because it never rang, I never got notification, there was no record in the phone of either call....nothing at all. On the plus side, a new phone that arrived a couple of days ago showed no problems at all so I'm using that. The mitac can sit on the shelf and rust.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, evann is right, actually it is not really no service, its just bad contact of SIM card. The earlier batch of motherboard is having this problem, you may put a piece of paper between the SIM and battery, this will help solving the problem.

Guest citrus3000psi

I thought it was a firmware issue from reading another post. I too am experiencing the same issues...but I have a question...

If you say the sim is making bad conact....why does turning it in flight mode and back off again make it regain service. To me the sim would not be in contact and still show no service. And turning flight mode on and off has worked every single time.

I have already put a piece of paper in...so we will see what happens...

-Dan

Yep, but you may not think of that SIM will not contact OK again. Once SIM loose contact, he needs a reinitial, turn on/off flight mode just give him the chance...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jmoney37

At first i thought the whole putting a paper thing was a joke. But now that i've done it i've noticed a definite difference. This is soo sad that i have to resort to such "ghetto" means. If i would have known all the downsides of this phone i would have never gotten it. As for now i have a paper under my battery. LOL.

Guest markgamber

Well, I have to wonder about that. I've been using the same sim chip for years and it never once "disappeared" on me until I dropped it into the mitac. It hasn't had any problems in the new phone, either. I suppose this is why carriers take a while to add phones to their official list and why they frown on junk like this being thrown on their networks.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest caterpirla

Hi there,

I'm another victim of this loved/hated smartphone.

I'm noticing this problem by several months, both with Vodafone and Tim italian providers, just to tell all of you that isn't a network problem but a bug into 8380 MS Smartphone 2002 version.

I'll try to put a piece of paper between SIM and battery, just like you suggested, hoping it works.

Stay tuned,

Caterpirla