What kinds of SP apps do you want but cannot find it now????

Guest CEO

A notepad app linked to a homescreen plugin. So you can quickly write a note, and then have it viewable on the homescreen ... oh, & the homescreen list scrolls forward, so you can see all notes in turn! :)

Oh, or a homescreen plugin picture dialler! You gat a scrollable list of contacts with pics on the homescreen & can just click one to dial!

I'd pay for any new apps that feature great new homescreen plugins!

Hi!

I would like to see:

- An RDP-client that let's me connect to XP or Terminal Servers remotely, without requiring special services on the server.

I'm thinking some smart navigation features also, like using the keypad to navigate from section to section of the screen in an 8 way manner, since the server's resolution would be much larger than the phone's. Some zooming/scaling features would also be nice. The joystick will of course control the mouse pointer.

I know VNC and some 3rd party solutions already exists, but IMO using the RDP-protocol is much faster and easier. I know there is already source code available from the Linux RDP-client. I guess it would be possible to port.

- A working C64 emulator. Strange this hasn't already appeared. :wink:

- An app that lets me mount network drives and copy/open files via bluetooth from a server. PocketPC has this..

my 3 most missed apps...

Guest awarner [MVP]
Change the SMS Delivery Report to say the persons name instead of number if you have it in the phonebook (may have already been done??)

You need to convert your numbers to include the international dialing prefix i.e. in the UK replace the first 0 with +44

I presume it's the same with delivery reports never checked tbh :?

You need to convert your numbers to include the international dialing prefix i.e. in the UK replace the first 0 with +44

I presume it's the same with delivery reports never checked tbh :?

Mine are that way but yet to see a contact's name in a delivery report :)

How about a setup wizard that runs on the pc and is used to:

1. Set user info.

2. Set up email accounts

3. Set defaults for various storage options (internal or MiniSD) & other system options such as Bluetooth settings etc

4. Install homescreen plugins etc.

5 install various applciations.

etc...

etc...

It would be great to be able to set all these in some sort of wizard then have everything done on the phone.

If a company was buying all it's sales team a bunch of C500s they would have to have their techs, poking about with spvs for ages. This wizard would be worth £ in that situation, how knows Orange may even buy it and offer it as a part of their set up service for new customers or whatever..

Hmm.. I'd love to be able to use my c500 as a webcam. Either via USB or bluetooth. Infrared or GPRS would probably be slow and horrible quality. I wouldn't use it frequently (the reason why I won't buy a "real" one), but it would be fun, especially at first.

Also I'd welcome an infrared remote feature. It seems to be possible on Symbianbased Smartphones (Psiloc's Total irRemote), perhaps it's possible on SPV's too.

What else.. hmm I really can't come up with anything practical... dunno.. something that secretly records whatever is being said nearby to the SD card (unlike the standard app on my c500 which stops recording as soon as I press "home" - well probably to prevent accidental over-recording, but still).

Guest beersoft

how about an IMAP client that doesnt blow goats?

or

MMS that allows video and sound to be attached?

or

support for some of the more fun profiles in bluetooth?

or

other random stuff, do i need to go on?

later

Owen

Guest hendy_siyanto
Just do a research:  :) For Smartphone users, what kinds of applications do you want but cannot find it now????

General E-book reader that can read all/almost all ebook format :

*.pdb, *.prc, *.lit, *.txt, *.pdf, *.tr etc

Guest stretchie

It would be nice to be able to send a text quick note over BT to another phone.

That's be good, this could be used for the good of man kind as below...

"Mate, the blonde near the bar"

"I'm going to order a butty for later, want me to order you one. Reply on BT, I can't be arsed ordering for the whole office"

Anon notes...

"You've got a great arse"

"You Pr**k"

You get me??

Hmm.. I'd love to be able to use my c500 as a webcam. Either via USB or bluetooth.

Thats a very good idea!

How about software that could take photos larger than 640x480 (assuming the hardware is not already working at its best) so that you can get good quality 6x4" prints :)

P.S. Ive tried having my numbers in the international format and dont see the names in the delivery reports? Can any1 verify that you can get names in the delivery reports?

How about an app that turns your shower on when your alarm goes off then the toaster and kettle on 20 mins l8ter and starts your car 45 mins l8ter.

Ok it might not be today or tomorrow but it will come.

I know there is a car alarm that will start your car but keep it locked till you press the key fob a second time, so its nice and warm (no more sitting shaking for 10 min on the way to work)

Guest MaximilianWeisheit
Just do a research:  :) For Smartphone users, what kinds of applications do you want but cannot find it now????

An application to use the Infrared as a remote control for a TV.

Hey CEO is this in development yet?

On a more serious note how about an app that sorts your speed dials.

E.g I have my speed dials set so if I have to use the menu to get to a program Its the same numbers I press for my speed dial.

1 to 9 is all folders then each folder has 8 programs saves a lot of time than if you have to press 9 for more all the time.

It takes time at first remembering what folder a program is in but once you remember its easy and the speed dial makes it even quicker.

But when I add a new program I have to reset my speed dials.

i'd like a program that lets me set a profile depending on the time of the day. I have a profile called work that basically makes my phone ring softer. remembering to change the profrile everyday for a guy who followed the dead around for a while is a challenge (they say the 90's were great, i messed a large chunk of them!). If I could tell it that I want my profile to be work from 8-5 and normal, the rest of the time, i'd be a happy boy. maybe when that one company gets the program for changing profiles based on cell location to work on the mpx200 I won't need it anymore, but for now...

I like the LED suggestion by thementum. That would be useful. What good is a constantly blipping LED as long as I already know whether my phone is on. Even if the damn thing locks up it keeps blipping, so what's the use.

Another feature I would welcome is the ability to record a conversation. While talking to someone on the phone, I mean. Would be very very handy if someone would be exchanging information over the phone while not having a pen nearby. Dunno if it's possible, I guess on the fly recording would take some power. Then again, my c500 does pack SOME power.

And if we're going to record, why not have an answering machine? Yeah, why not store voicemail messages on the phone itself? Imagine the costs you'd save... well I'm Dutch but I can't be the only one who would like that.

Hmmmm maybe even an advanced answering machine!

"Hello, this is the voicemail of Martijn. If your call is not too important, please press "#" and call back at another time. If you are my mother-in-law, please press "1" and never call back again. If you....

etc.

Now wouldn't that be FUN to play with?! And maybe even a little practical. Question is: can it be done! We'll find out.... someday :|

Guest scottt
What good is a constantly blipping LED as long as I already know whether my phone is on

It lets you know you are getting coverage with out having to squint at the icon bar every 2 mins when in a area with bad coverage.