What kinds of SP apps do you want but cannot find it now????

Guest CEO

Guest hoodedpirate

1.) I would like a calendar program to replace the default that will allow me to Sync to two computers with two different schedules and be able to select between them on my phone. This way, you don't have to have the same calendar at work and at home.

2.) I would also like to be able to have my contacts from home and work completely separate and Sync individually. I would then like to choose between them on my phone. There are some contacts that I have at work that I DO NOT want to have at home and the opposite.

I think the best solution for all of this is to have two completely different profiles on my phone that I can choose. The selected profile should change the phones settings like the ringtones, calendar, contacts and such. Timed profile changing would also be an incredible idea where at 5:00, the phone would change to Home profile, and the phone would change to Work profile in the morning.

3.) I would like to be able to connect to ethernet and be able to send ping commands.

So far I love my smartphone, but a lot or the software is very limited in ways that don't make sense.

Guest Confucious

Can't you do 2 as well? Just assign Category "Work" to work items and "Home" to Home items and only sync the relevent category at Home/Work. Or am I missing something?

I'd like an app similar to CellTrack on Series 60: tell you what network and tower your phone is currently connected to, signal strength in db. . . that kind of lovely stuff.

Guest spvhome

I am trying to get a stock ticker application for the smartphone - similar to Journal bar (but just the stock ticker bit.

In addition ability to make voice activated calls from your car using your bluetooth heasdet. Voice tags are OK but a pain to setup; voice command for the pda is a step closer.

Ability to use the phone and headset to play music stored on the storgae card.

Guest merguez
I'd like an app similar to CellTrack on Series 60: tell you what network and tower your phone is currently connected to, signal strength in db. . . that kind of lovely stuff.

i'm interested too !

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tushar54
Just do a research:  :D For Smartphone users, what kinds of applications do you want but cannot find it now????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wap browser. T-Mobile USA will not allow to connect to T-zone using the pocket internet explorere which is the part of software package. They have blocked the http access and port 80 using firewall for t-zone customers. The only people can use it are the ones with wireless data plan.

I would like a TV Guide app like the version for the PC http://www.digiguide.com/ but i would like it so that their is a pc side to the app where when you sync the phone it will detect net connection and automatically retreive the updates and put them on the phone so that no GPRS is involved,Im sure that in digiguide you can add to it with plugins so their could be a smartphone plugin for it that retrieved the updates.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mobipocket Reader (free) will do this, one of the channels you can subscribe to is UK TV Listings.

i want to find a software that it can tell me the information of the GSM network ,eg CELL id ,LAC, channel NO,and the signal streghth . who kows where can i find it ? who can make a soft like this?

Guest bigwh00p

I want this software called PhoneControl (http://zoran-horvat.de/private/CarPC/default.aspx) to work with Windows smartphones.

The author of the program said this about making it work for windows powered smartphones:

(original thread here: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread...98&page=3&pp=15 )

"The problem with Windows for Smartphones is, they don't have that common AT-Command interface. The only approach to it is to write a special app which will run on the phone (aka. WinCE) and build a bridge to the (richer) build-in interface.

Basically everthing that is supported has to be rewritten within this interface."

• 1 month later...
Guest monkeyjabber

I'd like to see a software qwerty keyboard for smartphone. PocketPC has a a virtual keyboard for text input, but Smartphone users are stuck with the number pad or T9.

Maybe it could work like this: use the direction pad to navigate the keyboard, the action key to select a letter, and the * button to change case. The keyboard could be integrated into a new SMS app, or it could be in a Notepad-type program with a cut & paste function for inputting text.

Guest awarner [MVP]
Maybe it could work like this: use the direction pad to navigate the keyboard, the action key to select a letter, and the * button to change case. The keyboard could be integrated into a new SMS app, or it could be in a Notepad-type program with a cut & paste function for inputting text.

This is possible as some games already use this feature to input text.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest stretchie

Is there anyway the reg or whatever can be edited on the phone to tell it to receive file to a dedicated folder on your memory card??

For example could you tell the phone to receive to

'storage card\Received by BT'

This would be GREAT. ANY IDEAS

Fingers crossed

Guest declank

On my smartphone

1. Train times and if you could, delays from selected train station.

2. Recipe book for cooking meals

3. Cocktail recipe book

4. Nearest horny chick locator feature

Guest roma0803

A tool that synchronizes my notes from Outlook, with the categories and without creating conflicts when a note is deleted off-line.

I use SmartphoneNotes, but it doesn't work with categories. I tried PhatNotes, but it doesn't handle categories very well and it can create unsolvable conflicts.

Guest sambarrett0

i would really like to be able to copy from internet explorer and paste into a word document or orneta note pad,

is there already a way of doing this?

Guest markhammill

PROGRAM 1

I'd like a gps dashboard program.

Similar to GPSDash for the Pocket PC but I'd like to see a few changes.

1. Full screen Speedo with a choice of digital or analogue, mph, kph or knots and great skins or skinable.

2. Trip distance and total options.

3. Altitude meter

4. Full screen compass that allows you to tilt the compass on screen.

5. Verticle Speed

6. BHP! or G-Force. I don't know how accurate it could be, but if you work out the cars speed over time you could have a G-force metre and calculate BHP!

PROGRAM 2

I also like a good wma player. Windows Media player sucks and Beta Player is a too geared to movies.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest cold_fire
Just do a research:  ;) For Smartphone users, what kinds of applications do you want but cannot find it now????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A utility that will allow u 2 change in camera options the "image" prefix for pictures taken by the camera with ddmmyy_pn (dd= day ,mm=month ,yy=year ,and pn would b picture number).The application should take the date from the sistem and reset the photo and video counter every 00:00 of the day. It is now quite bad u know if u r searching 4 a picture among 700 let's say and their names are image01...image700 with no other clue is bad ,but if it will say something like 190405_12 u will know that the picture is from 19 April 2005 and it has number 12. :D :D

Edited by cold_fire

Guest chucky.egg
An application to automatically change sound profiles, i.e. "meeting" during working hours on weekdays, if not the "normal" profile.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The calendar does that, if you set the profile to Auto and book a meeting in your calendar

• 8 months later...