What kinds of SP apps do you want but cannot find it now????

Guest CEO

• 5 weeks later...
Guest G1LIW
An application to automatically change sound profiles, i.e. "meeting" during working hours on weekdays, if not the "normal" profile.

The calendar does that, if you set the profile to Auto and book a meeting in your calendar

Nice to know, thanks :)

I'm assuming that it takes this info from outlook when you sync the phone with appointments marked as "busy"? If not, how?

Guest Crispy

It might sound silly, but I've been wanting to see a html webserver for smartphone ever since the first phones with wifi came about... I mean, imagine you're out somewhere and all you have to do to get access you to files would be to enter in the IP of the phone and then browse away... would be neat, right? Also, you could use it as always-on web server at home, in case you don't want a big 500W monster bustling away 24/7...

:)

Guest conan_troutman

ok people lets start with solutions

autoflight can change profiles to what ever one you want at predefined times and back to a chosen profile later also can be used with calender so you can have it loud at the footy and hushed in that cinema and on meeting when in a meeting

if you dont want the calendar link then City time alarms best alarm program there is new 2.0 beta has profile switching at defind times too now

answer machine

I have a work round vito audio notes can automatically record phone calls so answer the call pretend your a machine nd walk away it will record every thing

compass north and south well if you have a GPS device GPS dash is brillieant shows NORTH and South plus hieght hieght above sea level time can add way points can direct to way points can calculate travel speed and so much more

if i get chance will read all posts and see what else I know

Guest G1LIW
I would like to see a program that can read QR Codes (that are very popular in Japan and are getting more and more popular in USA and Europe). :)

http://www.anti-mega.com/antimega/archives/001214.html

Interesting idea - I like it :)

Aditional info on this:

There's a wikipedia entry on QR codes - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QR_Code - interesting reading.

OT Discussion points:

However, the crux problem is not neccessarily in ENcoding the QR code data - it's in getting hold of freeware to DEcode the data in the code squares!

Now, if comeone can come up with a decoder for WM5 phones with cameras down to 1.3mpx, I'll be very impressed ;)

As to output/format, while there is an existing standard (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QR_Code) for these, I would think that the standard Outlook addressbook entry format would be the best to standardize on for smartphone use - thoughts?

Guest leethacker
Now, if comeone can come up with a decoder for WM5 phones with cameras down to 1.3mpx, I'll be very impressed :)

Yap, thats what we need. Imagine the possibilities. This could really help the QR Codes to become more popular on the whole world. :)

• 1 month later...
Guest Spiderman1975
ANSWERING MACHINE

-using our own voice

-ablity to start anwering only for specified numbers

Yes! Very interesting... I want it! :)

Guest danwatson1974

2 things .....

Firstly, a programme that would automatically send a text message to people who you missed a call from .... you would be able to change the text to whatever you wanted - i.e. 'sorry I couldn't pick up the phone .... I'll give you a call as soon as I can '

Secondly, a good space management tool ... maybe I am stupid, but I have had to hard reset my M500 about 3 times now to get available memory on the 'phone , as I can't seem to find what is taking up all the space and slowing me down.

Cheers,

Dan.

Guest leethacker
Interesting idea - I like it :)

Aditional info on this:

There's a wikipedia entry on QR codes - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QR_Code - interesting reading.

OT Discussion points:

However, the crux problem is not neccessarily in ENcoding the QR code data - it's in getting hold of freeware to DEcode the data in the code squares!

Now, if comeone can come up with a decoder for WM5 phones with cameras down to 1.3mpx, I'll be very impressed ;)

As to output/format, while there is an existing standard (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QR_Code) for these, I would think that the standard Outlook addressbook entry format would be the best to standardize on for smartphone use - thoughts?

I has happend!!! Finally I found a QR Code reading Software that will run on nearly all Smartphones and that is free as well. And yap, it uses that camera of the phone!!! Ya can be impressed now... :D

Here ya go: http://www.modaco.com/Quickmark-QR-Code-So...er-t243287.html

Edited by leethacker

Guest stuchad

I'd like to see an app for Group SMS from the smartphone where I create some groups, each containing a number of mobile phone numbers and then the software sends the text I compose to all members of the group. Sony Ericsson phones do this as standard so it can't be rocket science.

If there is one out there, please point me towards it cos I have completely missed it. I have both iMate SP5 and SPV C500.

Edited by stuchad

Guest tempie23

I would love an application that could automatically adjust sound profile by the date and time... so I don't have to wake up to the sound of email coming in at 4am... :)

I just want to be able to say from 10pm-6am monday through friday i would like the phone to be on vibrate only.

I wish I knew how to code... *sigh*

tempie23

Guest johncody
I would love an application that could automatically adjust sound profile by the date and time... so I don't have to wake up to the sound of email coming in at 4am... :)

I just want to be able to say from 10pm-6am monday through friday i would like the phone to be on vibrate only.

I wish I knew how to code... *sigh*

tempie23

My app "John Cody's alerts!" can do that as well as switch bluetooth profile, run a program, send an SMS and poweroff/reboot all at times YOU specify:

http://www.omnisoft.com/alerts/default.asp

There is a fully-functional FREE trial so you can check it out for yourself!

Edited by johncody

Guest conan_troutman

I can highly recomend JC alerts its an awesome piece of software I dont use it personally as I prefer another program to do that particular function and another one for alarms if truth be told the only reason I dont use it is (and I'm sorry for this John) is that the install is quite memory intensive compared to the two seperate programs I have that do the features of this one program.

having said that I loved JC VNotes (not installed either since my upgrade to WM5 and its lack of WM5 functionality *HINT HINT JOHN*) and the great customer service I got from JC himself that I happily bought JCalerts jsut to show my apprieciation to his customer dedication

Guest johncody
I can highly recomend JC alerts its an awesome piece of software I dont use it personally as I prefer another program to do that particular function and another one for alarms if truth be told the only reason I dont use it is (and I'm sorry for this John) is that the install is quite memory intensive compared to the two seperate programs I have that do the features of this one program.

having said that I loved JC VNotes (not installed either since my upgrade to WM5 and its lack of WM5 functionality *HINT HINT JOHN*) and the great customer service I got from JC himself that I happily bought JCalerts jsut to show my apprieciation to his customer dedication

Hi Conan,

Thanks for the very kind comments :)

I appologize for the memory requirements for my apps, it's just that my apps and .NET apps require a runtime, which can be up to typically 2MB in size in order for the program to run. Only apps developed in C++ (which there are a fraction of compared to the number of .net deveopers) can be very small in memory size.

Also, Thanks for your patience with Vnotes - I have some REALLY cool ideas planned for it when it's released in about 2-3 months, so hopefully it will be worth the wait.

Edited by johncody

• 4 weeks later...
Guest killerost

I would like to access network shares. If it was possible to connect to a shared folder on a pc and read from and write to it just like when you access the Storage card. That would be awesome. I think pocketpc users are able to do this, so why can't we do it? ;-)

Guest killerost

And some kind of screen-patch program that will "stretch" old (non-qvga) programs so they fill the whole screen on a qvga device. When a typhoon can run wm5, then a tornado should be able to run old stuff too :D